You are not logged in.

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 2:04pm

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

• "Lorene" started this thread

Date of registration:
Apr 18th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Windows 7 Professional

Wednesday, April 18th 2012, 2:44pm

Registry Blocked in XP-mode

While updating Windows (in XP-mode) Avira popped up saying: "Warning! Registry blocked - In accordance with security guidelines, the Administrator has blocked access to the registry."
I scanned XP-mode and no virus was found. After reading this post: Avira message Registry blocked. I scanned XP-mode with Malwarebytes Antimalware: no malware found. I ran OTL, but I don't know how to add the 2 txt-files here.

My OS is Windows 7 Professional and for a few older programs I installed XP-mode. In XP-mode 4 Windows updates were to be installed: KB2641653, KB2647518, KB2621440 and KB890830. I just activated Windows Update again and 3 more updates were installed: KB2653956, KB2675157-IE8 and again KB90830. The installation did not produce a pop-up by Avira, but in events I found the same warning again. Maybe it's related to one of the updates (KB90830?). Report and events in Avira don't give information about what caused this.

So what's going on here? What should I do? I would appreciate some help.

Farger

Date of registration:
Jul 10th 2009

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Ultimate Protection Suite
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows XP/ Windows 7

Sunday, April 22nd 2012, 12:45pm

Hi Lorene,

Do you use Startup Faster utility?