You are not logged in.

Thursday, April 24th 2014, 3:34pm

Dear visitor, welcome to Avira Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Neimlerr" started this thread

Date of registration:
Mar 29th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
OSX 10.7

Thursday, March 29th 2012, 6:52pm

Avira Free Antivirus for Mac hanging with message "Waiting for scan reply"

I just installed Avira Free Antivirus for Mac. I'm running OSX 10.7.3. The Quick Scan worked fine, but the Full Scan is hanging once it seems to be completed. An animated, horizontal "barber pole" of blue and white appears at the top displaying the message "Waiting for scan reply". Avira is hung up, the menu options are grayed out. My only recourse is to Force Quit.

I've tried a full scan three times with the same result. Any ideas what might be the problem? Thanks

Friday, March 30th 2012, 5:13am

Hi Neimlerr,

Please uninstall this app manually by draging the app into your trash. This will delete/uninsall any leftovers. After this please download the newest version directly from our website:

http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-mac-security

Thank you.
Veron Teh
~ Simple is beauty but too simple is lack of creativity ~

Date of registration:
May 2nd 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Mac OSX Lion

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 8:21pm

I have exactly the same problem with the version i installed today from your website.

After a full system scan, the application hangs on the 'waiting for the scan results' screen.

I am running Mac OSX Lion 10.7.3 on a MacBookPro.

What can i do to fix this?