You are not logged in.

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 2:31am

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

• "etrain502050" started this thread

Date of registration:
Nov 2nd 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
windows 8 pro

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 1:08am

AVIRA free antivirus and windows 8

the free antivirus avira wont uninstall from my windows 8 pc and ever time i try to uninstall it goes to a blue screen of death and shuts down

• "etrain502050" started this thread

Date of registration:
Nov 2nd 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
windows 8 pro

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 1:23am

thank to this guy i got it thanks a millon for posting it on this other website Avira on Windows 8 causes crashes

Date of registration:
Nov 2nd 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Windows 8

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 1:33am

Per xtr3m3 Solution it worked like a champ for etrain502050.

Solution:
Remove Avira in Safe mode.

To enter in Safe mode in Windows 8 do the following http://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-b…8-the-easy-way/

Farger

Date of registration:
Jul 10th 2009

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Ultimate Protection Suite
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows XP/ Windows 7

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 7:26am

Scotty is currently on patrol

trjam

Community member

Date of registration:
Oct 31st 2006

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 10:53am

I am in the process of replacing 3 computers. I can use Windows Defender for awhile but would prefer Avira. All computers will have 8 on them, which I actually like as the OS. I realize Avira isnt compatible, yet, but is there at least some time frame as to when this might get accomplished.

thank you and keep up the great work

Date of registration:
Jul 23rd 2007

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Windows 8, windows 7

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 3:21pm

AVIRA lost

In March 2012, Microsoft announced the release of WIndows8 for October 2012 (not the first quarter of 2013).

I would say enough time to work with Microsoft. Have not done anything... announcing

"Thursday, October 25th 2012, 2:54pm

Windows 8 Compatibility Information

Currently, the Avira products are not ready for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 (Built on Windows 8).

Avira is working closely with Microsoft to achieve compatibility for the products as soon as possible.
Therefore, it can be said with certainty that the Avira products will be compatible with Windows 8 in the first quarter of 2013.

Avira created a setup page, that will be called up any time a user attempts to install one of our products on Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012 (based on Windows 8)....."

I would say a little bit late.... one day before WIN8 is on sale

Conclusion: .... after more than 10 years trusting AVIRA.... installing on over 300 unites and promoting AVIRA to my clients.... I have to say "good bye" to AVIRA..at least for my Windows 8 machines.

for all, here is a link of all AV programs are compatible with WINDOWS 8