You are not logged in.

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 11:26am

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

eskimukas1

Community member

• "eskimukas1" started this thread

Date of registration:
Jan 21st 2007

Monday, July 28th 2008, 12:42pm

ICMP flood

I always get in the events section messages like "ICMP Flooding started on adapter Local Area Connection" and "ICMP Flooding ended on adapter Local Area Connection". That seems ok. But yesterday my computer started to hung everytime it starts. And what I found was the last message "ICMP Flooding started on adapter Local Area Connection", but no "ICMP Flooding ended on adapter Local Area Connection". My machine didn't respond to mouse or keyboard until I restarted it holding shutdown key. That happend four times in a row. Is it possible that the reason for this problem is ICMP flood? Or i should look somewhere else?

Thanks in advance :)
Win XP SP3/Avira Premium Security Suite/ Superantispyware (on-demand)
on Fujitsu Siemens Pa 1510

• "Radu Gheorghe" has been banned

Date of registration:
May 22nd 2006

Operating System:
Windows

Wednesday, July 30th 2008, 10:01am

Hello,

It's probably caused by the ICMP flood. You can open AntiVir -> Online Protection -> Firewall -> Configuration -> Tick Expert Mode -> Adapter Rules. There, you have under Local Area Connection ICMP protocol. You can choose to reject all types (especially for outgoing packets). This should help, but please post here if you experience any functionality loss for your applications.

To reject all types, click on the Several Types link, then click Select all, and click OK.

Best regards,
Radu Gheorghe
Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG

t.stich

Community member

Date of registration:
Oct 2nd 2008

Operating System:
Windows XP (up to date)

Friday, April 10th 2009, 5:48pm

ICMP flood

Hello,

I am getting the ICMP flood message often when I run BitComet (P2P).
Is it possible with the Firewall module to limit/filter the ICMP messages to a reduced acceptable quanity (drop above a certain level)?

Thanks.
TS

• "Alexandru Frigioiu" has been banned

Date of registration:
Dec 8th 2008

Operating System:
XP and VISTA

Monday, April 13th 2009, 10:25am

Hi t.stich,
Please go to Avira's configuration, tick Expert Mode, Firewall, Adapter Rules, ICMP Protocol, at the "Assume flooding if delay between packets is less than" change the setting from 50 to 150.