You are not logged in.

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 7:39pm

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

• "jloshbaugh" started this thread

Date of registration:
Aug 25th 2009

Tuesday, August 25th 2009, 12:21am

Unable to find file

Each time I start my computer I get the following message:

CCPLG.XML:
Unable to find file (C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition
Classic\ccplg.xml).

I have tried to reinstall the program but continue to receive this message.

kevin009

Community member

Date of registration:
Aug 9th 2007

Operating System:
Windows 7

Tuesday, August 25th 2009, 7:31am

Hi,
Uninstall the program, run the Avira Registry Cleaner, and then reinstall again, if the problem still persists, post here a HijackThis log for analysis. Are you sure you can find this file in your AntiVir Programs Directory?

Date of registration:
Jan 5th 2009

Operating System:
XP

Tuesday, August 25th 2009, 8:21am

Hi,

Please use this solution
Thanks for choosing Avira
Alexandru Manea
Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG

Date of registration:
Aug 25th 2009

Wednesday, August 26th 2009, 2:30am

Thank you for the helpful response. I have tried to run the Registry Cleaner, but am unable to do so. The 'Read Me' Text in the zip file says to right click on the 'exe' file and choose 'run as administrator', however this option is not available to me when I right click on the 'exe' file. If I left click on the 'exe' file and try to run the program, I am told the file cannot be found.

kevin009

Community member

Date of registration:
Aug 9th 2007

Operating System:
Windows 7

Wednesday, August 26th 2009, 8:17am

Hi,

Post here a HijackThis log. Also post here the AntiVir version of all components including the VDF and Search engine.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "kevin009" (Aug 26th 2009, 8:18am)

Princessa

Community member

Date of registration:
Jul 21st 2009

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Win 8.1 - 64bit

Wednesday, August 26th 2009, 8:23am

Hi jloshbaugh.

as assistence for Kevin, i provide an small guide vor HiJackThis:

1. Downlaod HiJackThis and execute as administrator.
2. Start the program HiJackThis and select in this the Option "main menu" -> "do a system scan and safe a log-file" copy the content of the created Log-File please here in the Forum.

And the downloadlink: http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/de/tools/security_tools/hijackthis/download

Date of registration:
Aug 25th 2009

Friday, August 28th 2009, 7:01pm

Thank you for your continued assistance. I ran HiJackThis - I could not figure out how to copy the whole log file, but have retyped what appears related to Avira:

023 - Service: Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Unknown Owner - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe (file missing)
023 - Service: Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Unknown Owner - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe (file missing)
023 - Service: Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Unknown Owner - C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\AVSETUP_4a9483a0\basic\avupgsvc.exe (file missing)

kevin009

Community member

Date of registration:
Aug 9th 2007

Operating System:
Windows 7

Saturday, August 29th 2009, 4:22am

Hi,

You can copy and paste here the complete log using Ctrl+C and Ctrl +V (from the logfile opened in notepad). When running HijackThis, choose, Do a scan and save a logfile.

Also we may need to view this : Also post here the AntiVir version of all components including the VDF and Search engine.

Date of registration:
Aug 25th 2009

Saturday, August 29th 2009, 5:27am

Kevin,

Thanks for the info.

The log file is pasted following the email.

Regarding the VDF and search engine info, currently I do not believe I have a VDF installed - I uninstalled the Avira Personal Edition, but am unable to reinstall it, and also unable to run the Avira Registry Cleaner. The search engine I have installed is Internet Explorer.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 8:18:44 PM, on 8/28/2009
Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18813)
Boot mode: Safe mode

Running processes:
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\helppane.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Search Helper - {6EBF7485-159F-4bff-A14F-B9E3AAC4465B} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Search Helper\SEPsearchhelperie.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: MSN Toolbar Helper - {d2ce3e00-f94a-4740-988e-03dc2f38c34f} - C:\Program Files\MSN\Toolbar\3.0.1125.0\msneshellx.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: HP Smart BHO Class - {FFFFFFFF-CF4E-4F2B-BDC2-0E72E116A856} - C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_BHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: MSN Toolbar - {1E61ED7C-7CB8-49d6-B9E9-AB4C880C8414} - C:\Program Files\MSN\Toolbar\3.0.1125.0\msneshellx.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OEM02Mon.exe] C:\Windows\OEM02Mon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\Windows\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DELL Webcam Manager] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell Webcam Manager\DellWMgr.exe" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxWatchTray] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray9.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpqSRMon] C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSRMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Default Manager] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Default Manager\DefMgr.exe" -resume
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] %ProgramFiles%\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\sttray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: HP Smart Select - {DDE87865-83C5-48c4-8357-2F5B1AA84522} - C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_BHO.dll
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O20 - Winlogon Notify: GoToAssist - C:\Windows\
O23 - Service: Andrea ST Filters Service (AESTFilters) - Andrea Electronics Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\aestsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus Guard (AntiVirService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Avira Upgrade Service (AntiVirUpgradeService) - Unknown owner - C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\AVSETUP_4a9483a0\basic\avupgsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: GoToAssist - Citrix Online, a division of Citrix Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\g2aservice.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Roxio MyDVD DE\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9 (RoxWatch9) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe
O23 - Service: SigmaTel Audio Service (STacSV) - IDT, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\STacSV.exe
O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe

--
End of file - 7501 bytes

kevin009

Community member

Date of registration:
Aug 9th 2007

Operating System:
Windows 7

Saturday, August 29th 2009, 8:17am

Hi,

When I was talking about VDF and search engine, I meant the AntiVir components. VDF is Avira's Virus Definition File and Search engine means the Heuristics scanner of Avira.

As for the HijackThis log, I see you have only very few processes running, even the AntiVir is not running as all its files are missing. As for C:\Windows\helppane.exe I think you should upload it to Virustotal and post the result here.

When you try to install AntiVir, what error do you get? or are you trying to remove AntiVir from your system?

gnagflow

Community member

Date of registration:
Mar 3rd 2006

Version:
Avira Internet Security Suite

Operating System:
WIN7 U SP1, WIN 8.1 64-bit

Saturday, August 29th 2009, 8:31am

Quoted

Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18813)

Quoted

O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus Guard (AntiVirService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Avira Upgrade Service (AntiVirUpgradeService) - Unknown owner - C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\AVSETUP_4a9483a0\basic\avupgsvc.exe (file missing)

Vista has seen no update
AV version 8 - entries???
In seinem Lachen liegt der Schl├╝ssel,
mit dem wir den ganzen Menschen entschl├╝sseln

- Thomas Carlyle - 1795-1881 brit. Schriftsteller

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "gnagflow" (Aug 29th 2009, 8:32am)