You are not logged in.

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 1:57pm

Dear visitor, welcome to Avira Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "frakkerf" started this thread

Date of registration:
Nov 24th 2009

Tuesday, November 24th 2009, 3:15pm

I just want to get rid of Avira, do I have to reformat?!

I tried a few anti virus programs out recently, Avira being one of them. However, I chose not to use Avira and uninstalled it but I have noticed I still have an entry in the registry for it despite having used the uninstall and reg cleaner programs.

I am now using Avast but I'm sure there is some kind of a conflift somewhere as the boot time is quite a bit slower than it used to be (I was using Avast originally). I am guessing this is because of Avira because this wasn't happening before I installed it and the reg entry is still there (and won't go away).

I've been seaching the net and the conclusions don't look to good. Is there really no way of getting rid of ALL of Avira completely without reformatting my hard drive?!

Date of registration:
Jan 5th 2009

Operating System:
XP

Tuesday, November 24th 2009, 3:21pm

Hi,

Please take a look here
Thanks for choosing Avira
Alexandru Manea
Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG

gamemaster406

Community member

Date of registration:
May 30th 2009

Operating System:
Windows Vista: Home Premium

Wednesday, November 25th 2009, 1:08am

Its very common to have registry entries left over from uninstalling software. In fact, MOST software leaves registry and file traces all over when uninstalled. Try this registry cleaner. Once installed, open the program and choose a Quick Scan (first option), only choose an Advanced scan if you know a lot about computers and how the Windows Registry works. Quick scan removes most problems though. Once scanning and removal of bad registry entries is done, reboot your computer. Let me know how it worked out.

-Mike

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "gamemaster406" (Nov 25th 2009, 1:10am)