You are not logged in.

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 3:21am

Dear visitor, welcome to Avira Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "MarieBabePR" started this thread

Date of registration:
Apr 13th 2010

Tuesday, April 13th 2010, 10:52am

I have 3 viruses quarantined, what should I do next?

Avira just detected 3 virus and I sent them to quarantine, should I leave them there or should I delete them. If I delete them, will it damage my computer's system?

Here are the 3 viruses:

Filename: C:\Windows\Temp\TMP000000A8A565953D28F68003 (Contains recognition pattern of the ADSPY/Hotbar.A.42 adware or spyware)

Filename: C:\Windows\Temp\BRO6BF.tmp\upgrade.exe (Contains recognition pattern of the DR/Zwangi.KT dropper)

Filename: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\XQ8I8UCK\upgrade[2].cab (Contains recognition pattern of the ADSPY/Zwangi.KT adware or spyware)

Can somebody please help me :?:

avon

Community member

Date of registration:
Apr 15th 2008

Version:
Avira Antivirus Suite

Operating System:
Windows 8.1U1 Pro 32-bit Windows XP Home SP3 32-bit

Tuesday, April 13th 2010, 11:10am

Avira just detected 3 virus and I sent them to quarantine, should I leave them there or should I delete them. If I delete them, will it damage my computer's system?....

Hi MarieBabePR,
As far as the files are isolated in quarantine, they can not harm your pc.
Keep the files in quarantine and watch how the pc operates.
If all in order, you can delete them later on.

avon

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "avon" (Apr 13th 2010, 11:10am)

garofede624

Community member

Date of registration:
Dec 2nd 2009

Operating System:
Windows XP Home SP3, Vista Business SP2

Tuesday, April 13th 2010, 12:09pm

Hi MarieBabyPR,

What was going on at the time of this detection? I assume that you were surfing the internet? If so, these infected files are merely files that your computer has downloaded while browsing the internet, and Antivir has successfully blocked them. Simply empty your internet browser's cache and you should be fine.

If you were doing something else, such as installing a file, I recommend that you take further action, as malware may have been installed on your computer. If this is the case, please say so.

Regards, :)
Garo

Barrie

Community member

Date of registration:
Jan 31st 2006

Version:
none

Operating System:
Mac OS X 10.8.3

Tuesday, April 13th 2010, 12:22pm

Hi MarieBabyPR,

Just to add to what has been suggested which I fully agree with, is that you also download ATF form here directly to your desktop it is stand alone so you do not have to set it up. Run it as follows.

1. Double click ATF-Cleaner.exe (dustbin icon) to run the program.
2. Check the boxes to the left of:
3. Windows Temp
4. Current User Temp
5. All Users Temp
6. Temporary Internet Files
7. Now click Empty Selected.
8. When you get the "Done Cleaning" message, click OK.
9. When you have finished, click on the Exit button in the Main ATF Cleaner menu.

Please note that this will remove all files from the items that are checked so if you have some cookies you'd like to save. Then please move them to a different directory first. I would run ATF twice a week just to help keep things cleaned out. (Good house keeping) ;)

Regards
Barrie
Cordialement - Grüße and Regards.

[Avira Tech Blog - Avira VL Virusscan.jotti -HijackThis - - Avira tools - Online shop - Avira safe mode scan
Sorry NO support via PM > Kein Support über PN > Aucun support par message privé.