You are not logged in.

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 7:18pm

Dear visitor, welcome to Avira Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 4th 2010, 10:50am

hbedv.key replacement

i ran avira 9 fully updated.
my license will end at 1.7.10 . it has not updated automatically yet.
i downloaded new hbedv.key from http://www.free-av.de/en/download/download_servers.php,
i replaced between hbedv.key files in C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop.
now my license is untill 1/9/11, BUT...
after retrieving next avira update, another hbedv.key is downloaded as well and change my license BACK till 1.7.10 .
*i do not want to update to avira 10 yet!
How to get a new license?
MSE user :whistling:

Date of registration:
Jan 5th 2009

Operating System:
XP

Friday, June 4th 2010, 11:02am

Hi,

This will be fixed.
Until Av9 is still supported you don't have to worry about the license problem.
Thanks for choosing Avira
Alexandru Manea
Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG

Friday, June 4th 2010, 11:16am

Hi Alexandru,
Fixed by an autoupdate ?
i'll follow and report later on ...

Date of registration:
Jan 5th 2009

Operating System:
XP

Friday, June 4th 2010, 11:21am

Hi,

Yes, the new license will be added and the update will download it automatically.
Thanks for choosing Avira
Alexandru Manea
Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG

Pippizan

Community member

Date of registration:
Feb 27th 2007

Operating System:
Windows XP Home SP2

Sunday, June 6th 2010, 7:24pm

Hi,

Yes, the new license will be added and the update will download it automatically.

Are you saying the new license will be added to a nomal VDF update and will be automatically updated that way?

I am curious also as to a time frame, since it does say about 4 weeks from expiration and I believe we are past that right now. (into 3 weeks till license expires) ;)

Sunday, June 6th 2010, 9:19pm

from my report log (the back license update upon the new license )

Quoted

Summary:
3 Files downloaded
3 Files installed
Downloaded file(s): aeheur.dll 8.1.1.33; aeset.dat 8.2.2.6; hbedv.key;

11:35:21 The update was carried out successfully!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "prukeyhi" (Jun 6th 2010, 9:20pm)

Pippizan

Community member

Date of registration:
Feb 27th 2007

Operating System:
Windows XP Home SP2

Sunday, June 6th 2010, 9:36pm

Quoted

Summary:
3 Files downloaded
3 Files installed

Bear with me, but I am lost. :S And keep in mind, to make it simple. By no means am I a novice computer user, however, there is still a lot I do not know, including many of the things I read about on these forums. :(

I'm not even sure, if I have to DL the new license, what I am supposed to do with that afterwards. Plus, I have seen where others are saying, they did whatever it was they needed to do, and the license changed to 9/1/2010, but then changed back to 7/1/2010 after something else was done.

Like I said, lost. :(

AlfaMS

Community member

Date of registration:
Mar 3rd 2007

Version:
Avira Antivirus Suite

Operating System:
Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit MC & LinuxMint 16 64 Bit

Sunday, June 6th 2010, 9:46pm

Just make sure that your system date (year, month, day) is set correctly. If the license key is not renewed about ten days before the actual one is running out, then you should start again to worry - not before that date.
:)
Ceterum censeo Avira Forum non esse delendam.

Pippizan

Community member

Date of registration:
Feb 27th 2007

Operating System:
Windows XP Home SP2

Sunday, June 6th 2010, 11:38pm

Just make sure that your system date (year, month, day) is set correctly. If the license key is not renewed about ten days before the actual one is running out, then you should start again to worry - not before that date.
:)

I will try to keep your words of wisdom in mind AlfaMS. :)

kevin009

Community member

Date of registration:
Aug 9th 2007

Operating System:
Windows 7

Monday, June 7th 2010, 8:57am

Hi,

Quoted

Quoted
Summary:
3 Files downloaded
3 Files installed

I just performed an update, but the new license wasn't downloaded. Anyone else got it yet?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "kevin009" (Jun 7th 2010, 8:58am)

Monday, June 7th 2010, 1:56pm

Did you download and install the new key? If not, then there is no reason for you to get the old one again in the next update.

Avira sure has problems with the key....all that mess last year and now another mess this year.....
"If you want to do DRM on a PC then you need to treat the user as the enemy." Ross Anderson in "`Trusted Computing' Frequently Asked Questions"

Monday, June 7th 2010, 2:12pm

Mele20,
what do you mean "install the new key" ?
to place it in avira folder and then right click on it ->merge?

i just replaced between the 2 hbedv.key files and that's it...(and it did not work)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "prukeyhi" (Jun 7th 2010, 2:21pm)

Monday, June 7th 2010, 3:37pm

Mele20,
what do you mean "install the new key" ?
to place it in avira folder and then right click on it ->merge?

i just replaced between the 2 hbedv.key files and that's it...(and it did not work)

Sorry, "install" was a bad description of what I did. I did what you did. I downloaded the new key (with the Sept 2011 date) and moved the old key to another folder (could have renamed it instead) in case I needed it. Then I copied the new key to the Avira folder in C:\Programs. I didn't merge anything in the registry and I didn't actually "install" like with an installer. I copied and pasted.

I gather you did that. The new key and date showed up on the Avira Status page in the GUI for you, correct? Then you got a update and and the old key was downloaded and installed again right? There I go again using the word "installed", but it is an accurate description, I guess, when it is done by Avira during an update. But having the old key replace the new one during a download of the latest VDF is the "bug" that Avira has said they will fix soon.

Last year, fixed "soon" meant the end of June so don't expect the fix too soon.
"If you want to do DRM on a PC then you need to treat the user as the enemy." Ross Anderson in "`Trusted Computing' Frequently Asked Questions"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mele20" (Jun 7th 2010, 3:40pm)

Monday, June 7th 2010, 4:06pm

ok . all is clear now :rolleyes:
as Alexandru wrote- i'll wait for an update.

Any way hbedv.key though it looks like registry file, can not be merge since it has no .reg Suffix...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "prukeyhi" (Jun 7th 2010, 4:07pm)

Pippizan

Community member

Date of registration:
Feb 27th 2007

Operating System:
Windows XP Home SP2

Monday, June 7th 2010, 11:03pm

Hi,

Quoted

Quoted
Summary:
3 Files downloaded
3 Files installed

I just performed an update, but the new license wasn't downloaded. Anyone else got it yet?

Just did an update as I usually do, from the GUI, start update, and no, still have the yellow warning showing up yet. 8|

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 1:31am

ok . all is clear now :rolleyes:
as Alexandru wrote- i'll wait for an update.

Any way hbedv.key though it looks like registry file, can not be merge since it has no .reg Suffix...

It DOES have a .reg suffix! The one that doesn't is broken. Don't download it. Download the one with the .reg suffix. ScriptSentry alerts on both of them and states, correctly, that the one with the.reg suffix "may write to the registry". The other one, without that suffix, ScriptSentry says "an error has occured" and it can't check that type of file yet it opens with Script Sentry indicating that is is supposed to be a registry file.

The one I got from the Avira Products page is the broken one that Scrpt Sentry can't check plus its size is too large. The one I got from here Script Sentry can check and it has .reg suffix. Supposedly, the first link actually fetches the key from the second link so they should be the same but for me they are not as the one from the first link is larger and does not have the .reg suffix.

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 1:32am

Why is there a scroll bar in my post?

kevin009

Community member

Date of registration:
Aug 9th 2007

Operating System:
Windows 7

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 8:13am

Hi Mele,

Quoted

I don't see it in any of the posts in this thread, maybe its because of your browser.

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 10:39am

i checked again
None of the files can be merge..
for both i get the same error "the specified file is not a registry script"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "prukeyhi" (Jun 8th 2010, 10:39am)

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 11:44am

Hi Mele,

Quoted

I don't see it in any of the posts in this thread, maybe its because of your browser.

I don't see it either on Firefox on Vista. I was on XP on Opera ....a new experimental version when I saw it.

Edit: I'm back on Opera 10.54 build 21868 and I see this wide horizontal scroll bar that serves no purpose but is at the bottom of my post.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mele20" (Jun 8th 2010, 11:57am)