You are not logged in.

Friday, April 25th 2014, 7:11am

Dear visitor, welcome to Avira Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Jack C" started this thread

Date of registration:
Aug 12th 2009

Operating System:
Windows xp Pro SP3

Saturday, October 30th 2010, 4:47pm

Offline installation?

I have a lot of Avira programs running on various family members' computers. I am currently building a system for my son, and I would like to purchase either the premium version or the security suite for this new build. My question is about installation. It seems that you always have to be on line to install and verify and activate the program you are buying. I wondered if one could download the free version, copy it to CD and install it offline to the new system. Then at least you'd have some protection while downloading and installing the premium version.
I'm probably being extra worried, but I'd appreciate any advice.
Thanks;
Jack

kevin009

Community member

Date of registration:
Aug 9th 2007

Operating System:
Windows 7

Saturday, October 30th 2010, 4:59pm

Hi,

Quoted

My question is about installation. It seems that you always have to be on line to install and verify and activate the program you are buying

Not necessary, you can download the AntiVir Premium installer from here and install it while offline.

You can also download your hbedv.key license from here after purchase and use it to activate the product. Until then you may activate the trial version.