You are not logged in.

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 10:14am

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

• "duncaninfrance" started this thread

Date of registration:
Nov 6th 2010

Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium

Wednesday, November 24th 2010, 10:04pm

LANGUAGE CHANGE

I have been trialing Premium on the 30day offer and decided to buy it. I just went through the process and paid. My system is now all in French!
Although I live in France I am English and I want the software to be installed in ENGLISH as I do not speak good French. How can I rectify this please?

I think that ALL software suppliers should ask what language the purchaser wants to use rather than making an arbitrary decision.

Cheers
GROWING OLD IS OBLIGATORY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Farger

Date of registration:
Jul 10th 2009

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Ultimate Protection Suite
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows XP/ Windows 7

Wednesday, November 24th 2010, 10:18pm

Hi duncaninfrance,

Please specify what concrete is in French: your system or APSS...

My system is now all in French!

Although I live in France I am English and I want the software to be installed in ENGLISH as I do not speak good French. How can I rectify this please?
Scotty is currently on patrol

Barrie

Community member

Date of registration:
Jan 31st 2006

Version:
none

Operating System:
Mac OS X 10.8.3

Friday, November 26th 2010, 9:17am

Hi Farger,

Sounds like the system is in English and APSS is French, I seem to remember that duncaninfrance posted a HJT log in English a while back.

@ duncaninfrance,

Est-ce exact?

Barrie
Cordialement - Grüße and Regards.

[Avira Tech Blog - Avira VL Virusscan.jotti -HijackThis - - Avira tools - Online shop - Avira safe mode scan
Sorry NO support via PM > Kein Support über PN > Aucun support par message privé.

Farger

Date of registration:
Jul 10th 2009

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Ultimate Protection Suite
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows XP/ Windows 7

Friday, November 26th 2010, 9:21am

Hi Barrie,

If so, then duncaninfrance must download the installation kit one more time but now it must be the English one 8)
Scotty is currently on patrol

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Farger" (Nov 26th 2010, 9:21am)

• "duncaninfrance" started this thread

Date of registration:
Nov 6th 2010

Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium

Friday, November 26th 2010, 5:31pm

Sorry for not replying, have had a very hectic week and yes, it was me who posted the log in English recently.

My OS is Windows 7 in English and I try and maintain all programmes in English if I can. I will see if I can sort the installation download in English.
GROWING OLD IS OBLIGATORY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Barrie

Community member

Date of registration:
Jan 31st 2006

Version:
none

Operating System:
Mac OS X 10.8.3

Friday, November 26th 2010, 9:57pm

Hi,

Re English installer kit follow my instructions to Aung in this thread, I give a link to the installer and registry cleaner that you will need.
http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=122936

Barrie
Cordialement - Grüße and Regards.

[Avira Tech Blog - Avira VL Virusscan.jotti -HijackThis - - Avira tools - Online shop - Avira safe mode scan
Sorry NO support via PM > Kein Support über PN > Aucun support par message privé.