You are not logged in.

Monday, April 21st 2014, 9:16am

Dear visitor, welcome to Avira Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "vanstej" started this thread

Date of registration:
Apr 6th 2011

Operating System:
Windows Vista 64 bit

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 2:43pm

uninstall Antivir Desktop

I have Windows Vista 64 bit. Last year I installed Avira Antivir Premium and had no problems. Yesterday I installed Avira Premium Security Suite, and now I have no access to internet anymore.

I tried to uninstall, but there is a map which I cannot uninstall: C/Program Files(x86)/Avira/Antivir Desktop. I cannot delete it ("you don't have permission ...") and I don't see this program when I go through 'Control Panel' and 'uninstall a program'.

As I have no internet access I can also not download and re-install again.

What should I do??

Farger

Date of registration:
Jul 10th 2009

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Ultimate Protection Suite
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows XP/ Windows 7

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 3:44pm

Hi vanstej,

First, try to completely uninstall Avira: instructions for manual uninstallation
Scotty is currently on patrol

Date of registration:
Apr 6th 2011

Operating System:
Windows Vista 64 bit

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 4:46pm

I cannot do the first step (Download the latest installation file from the Avira website) because I have no internet access on this computer. Can I skip step #

Date of registration:
Apr 6th 2011

Operating System:
Windows Vista 64 bit

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 5:57pm

I could now completely unintall Avira, but I still don't have internet access. However the computer shows that the connection is OK.

Farger

Date of registration:
Jul 10th 2009

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Ultimate Protection Suite
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows XP/ Windows 7

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 7:33pm

Hi vanstej,

Click the Start button and type cmd in the Start Search text box.
Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter on your keyboard and run the Command Prompt as Administrator and click Continue at the prompt.
Enter ping 4.2.2.1 and then press Enter. If you get a reply, then you have a connection to the Internet.
Scotty is currently on patrol