You are not logged in.

Friday, April 18th 2014, 8:15pm

Dear visitor, welcome to Avira Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Tito335" started this thread

Date of registration:
Apr 27th 2011

Operating System:
windows 7 home premium sp1 64 bit on dell inspiron laptop and xp sp3 on my desktop

Friday, May 6th 2011, 9:10pm

windows asks to turn on antivir desktop while it's already turned on

guys i'm facing a wiered issue and it occured about 3 times during the last 4 months

i'm using a brand new dell inspiron laptop with w 7 home premium pre installed

sometimes the flag icon of the windows asks me to turn on antivir desktop while my avira is already
activated so i hit the flag icon and then choose turn on antivr and the it asks me again if i trust the publisher or not and i always hit yes i trust but the fact nothing happened
the red warning icon is still there on the windows flag and already i was running avira on the back ground ( minimized) and i swear it was activated i'm 100%sure
but the icon of warning is still there so i deactivated avira and activate it again so it work :) and the warning icon disappears

the question is :is this some kind of a virus ??????

i always scan the whole system every 3 days and i update avira every 2-3 days (some times daily)
i hope it's not a virus
thanks
i have always loved ur software ur the best but i'm worried

AlfaMS

Community member

Date of registration:
Mar 3rd 2007

Version:
Avira Antivirus Suite

Operating System:
Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit MC & LinuxMint 16 64 Bit

Friday, May 6th 2011, 9:46pm

Important question: did you install AntiVir by right-clicking on the installation file and then chose "Run as administrator"? I not please download the latest installation file from avira.com, then uninstall AntiVir, reboot the computer and do as described at the start of my reply. Reboot again and tell us if it works successfully for you now.
Ceterum censeo Avira Forum non esse delendam.

Date of registration:
Apr 27th 2011

Operating System:
windows 7 home premium sp1 64 bit on dell inspiron laptop and xp sp3 on my desktop

Friday, May 6th 2011, 9:59pm

well i'm not sure of that but my pc got only one account which the admistrator of the pc so i guess it's ok to install the avira normally witout running it as admin. or something right ? plz correct me if i'm wrong :)

AlfaMS

Community member

Date of registration:
Mar 3rd 2007

Version:
Avira Antivirus Suite

Operating System:
Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit MC & LinuxMint 16 64 Bit

Friday, May 6th 2011, 10:07pm

Correct - you are wrong here. Some installations, especially those of relevance to system security have to be installed in the described way ever since Vista.
Please do as advised, and afterwards please report back. :)
Ceterum censeo Avira Forum non esse delendam.

Date of registration:
Apr 27th 2011

Operating System:

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 12:58am

ok i will do it by ur advice :) but is it safe to do this later because i'm so busy and i don't have time to uninstall then reinstall and things like this ?

is it safe this way or is it risky at all ?
thanks for the tip ;)
i didn't know that becoz i used to be a windows xp user this is something new .

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tito335" (May 7th 2011, 1:00am)

Date of registration:
Aug 14th 2009

Friday, December 27th 2013, 11:17pm

Sorry fro necro posting, but is this or making a new thread with same problem, I run windows 7 64 bits, have same issue, i run my pc as administrator. any leads?