You are not logged in.

Wednesday, August 20th 2014, 8:48am

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

• "Kryptos" started this thread

Date of registration:
Jul 17th 2011

Operating System:
WinXP sp3

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 10:25pm

Avira Free Antivirus & Malwarebytes

When installing the new Avira, the software detection didn't like the presence of Malwarebytes already on my system and recommended removal. I wonder if this only applies to the full, active version of Malwarebytes, or also to the free version which is not actively scanning anything until I run it. Since I use the latter, I left it installed and do not seem to be experiencing any problems.
Please advise.

Steve1209

Community member

Date of registration:
Mar 9th 2007

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Window's 7 Ultimate X64 SP1 + all updates

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 10:51pm

Hi Kryptos,

I have the paid version of Malwarebytes and the new free Avira 12 working just fine on my computer together. I actually only use Malwarebytes to watch for host sites and to run nightly scheduled scans, I don't have the protection module enabled.

Hope that helps,

Steve
Steve

Farger

Date of registration:
Jul 10th 2009

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Ultimate Protection Suite
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows XP/ Windows 7

Friday, October 21st 2011, 7:50pm

Hi Kryptos,

That warning only recommends the uninstallation of potential incompatible software. If you don't have any problems between Avira and MBAM, keep them both.
Scotty is currently on patrol

Date of registration:
Oct 21st 2011

Operating System:
Windows XP SP3

Friday, October 21st 2011, 8:18pm

In My Case, Avira 2012 Recommend to remove Spybot Search And Destroy. I remove it but MBAM working fine in my system. Are you sure your MBAM is not infected ?

AlfaMS

Community member

Date of registration:
Mar 3rd 2007

Version:
Avira Antivirus Suite

Operating System:
Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit MC & LinuxMint 17 64 Bit Cinnamon

Friday, October 21st 2011, 8:26pm

Why for heaven's sake should it be infected? Avira only recommend to consider whether the use of more than one additional antimalware software is really necessary. We have often seen incompatibilities with other software people have added to their Windows installation in order to "better protect" themselves. In the least cases there was no problem whatsoever, but then especially if two or even more real time guards were involved there have been öots of problems. MalwareByte's AntiMalware in the free version never was a problem as far as I am aware.
Please do keep in mind: these remarks from Avira are only recommendations, not a "must do". ;)
Es war schön hier mit Euch. Man sieht sich irgendwann, und irgendwo. Ich glaube nicht wirklich an ein eigenes Userforum. Der Verstand sagt, dass dies nicht gehen wird.