You are not logged in.

Friday, April 25th 2014, 9:35am

Dear visitor, welcome to Avira Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "kumawatarpit27" started this thread

Date of registration:
Dec 9th 2011

Operating System:
windows 7

Friday, December 9th 2011, 1:34pm

avira web protection stopped and failed updating

hi,
i to request you to sort my problen .
i am using win 7 and i have 18 months licence of avira internet security 2012.
its web protection has stopped working and when i update it an error occurs.
tell me how to sort this problem.

• "kumawatarpit27" started this thread

Date of registration:
Dec 9th 2011

Operating System:
windows 7

Friday, December 9th 2011, 1:35pm

i want a quick reply.

Date of registration:
Dec 11th 2010

Operating System:
XP SP3

Friday, December 9th 2011, 1:41pm

Quick reply. Look here:

http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=139654

...welcome, please, thank you :)

mick349

Community member

Date of registration:
Jan 11th 2008

Friday, December 9th 2011, 5:17pm

My Avira 12 has no web protection, it will not update, it will not product update, the web protection is greyed out. When I enter control panel, the change/modify option gives an error message. I can see absolutely no other action other than to re-install. If i had actuallt paid for this garbage, I would be livid.
There was so many posts regarding a similar issue with version 10 it beggared belief. Now here we go again.
Does anyone officially, ever post here, or do they hide behind the vounteers :rolleyes:

marfabilis

Date of registration:
May 14th 2010

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Antivirus Suite
Avira Internet Security Suite
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
System of a Down

Friday, December 9th 2011, 5:27pm

Hi,

Officially, was released an Avira Knowledge Base article in order to provide a workaround to this issue.
Please read: In some rare cases updates are not possible anymore and Web Protection is disabled in Avira 2012 products

EDIT: Avira has solved this issue. Please perform an update following this workaround.
New versions: Avira Free Antivirus 12.0.0.870 | Avira Antivirus Premium 12.0.0.886 | Avira Internet Security 12.0.0.832

Marco
| :: RU | EN | PT-BR | ZH-CN | ZH-TW ::

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "marfabilis" (Dec 9th 2011, 5:56pm)

mick349

Community member

Date of registration:
Jan 11th 2008

Friday, December 9th 2011, 6:03pm

Hello Marco, thanks for your fast reply. I carried out the instructions. The files downloaded, the files installed. Then everything went back to being broken. I have carried out this procedure 3 times. Every time the files download/install then nothing. I have even rebooted

It seems I have the latest version Avira Internet Security 12.0.0.832, but still get all the errors and no web guard

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mick349" (Dec 9th 2011, 6:08pm)

marfabilis

Date of registration:
May 14th 2010

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Antivirus Suite
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
System of a Down

Friday, December 9th 2011, 6:09pm

@mick349

Could you please make sure that your Avira version is 12.0.0.832?
EDIT: Right, I've reported your case internally.

mick349

Community member

Date of registration:
Jan 11th 2008

Friday, December 9th 2011, 6:42pm

Dear Marco, I thank you for all your help. You have the patience of a saint. I apologise for any remarks in my first post.
I decided to re-install, unfortunately trying to remove gave me the same error message as modify/change. I had to boot in safe mode, to remove. I then ran the registry cleaner and rebooted. I then uninstalled Sandboxie. To my astonishment, upon installation it told me I had incompatibility issues with anothe rprogram called Avira desktop ?(
Anyway I reinstalled both Avira and Sandboxie, and all is well
I hope Avira appreciates you and the other mods help. I certainly do

marfabilis

Date of registration:
May 14th 2010

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Antivirus Suite
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
System of a Down

Friday, December 9th 2011, 6:57pm

@mick349,

There is no need to apologize, I also get annoyed. Apparently the best solution is to reinstall the product.
Someday Avira will drive me crazy, we provide an official statement and it doesn't work as expected, it's also frustrating for us :|

I hope this works to other users. Anyway, the negative feedback will not be blank, it was already reported internally :thumbup:

Marco