You are not logged in.

Friday, July 25th 2014, 9:54am

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

• "vijaycity" started this thread

Date of registration:
Feb 4th 2012

Version:
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows 7 64-bit

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 3:11am

Unable to turn on my firewall

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed Avira internet security. But avira firewall is not starting the service.
I have disabled my windows firewall and turned on avira firewall and it asked me for a restart. After restart it is not starting the service as it is showing an error "Your computer is not secure"
Im using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Service Pack 1. Please help me.

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 6:31am

Hello!

You say that AVIRA is not starting the service... do you see some error message when this happens or when you try to manually enable the firewall ? If so, write it.

Do you have any other security solutions installed at the moment ?

I would recommend you make sure there is no other security products installed and try to reinstall AVIRA. Also make sure Windows Defender is not enabled.

Deactivate Windows Defender as explaind here
Uninstall your AVIRA product and reboot
Reboot in Safe Mode with Networking (not just Safe Mode but with Networking) - here are instructions
Download and run AVIRA Registry Cleaner from here
Reboot.

Now back in Safe Mode with Networking - read this AVIRA solution
and try to install AVIRA Internet Security 2012 with the installation file taken from here

Reboot back in Normal Mode and report if the program/firewall is working

If you still encounter problems, post again, provide details to get more instructions.

Date of registration:
Feb 4th 2012

Version:
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows 7 64-bit

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 10:26am

No error message is seen when this happens. Tried to manually enable the firewall, but nothing happens.

No other security solutions are currently installed. Turned off my Windows defender and Windows firewall. Previously I have installed Avira Free version and Norton internet security. Both are uninstalled now.

Done everything that you have mentioned in this post, but still the problem is not solved. ?(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "vijaycity" (Feb 4th 2012, 10:41am)

Date of registration:
Feb 4th 2012

Version:
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows 7 64-bit

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 2:30pm

Finally solved my problem. Changed my firewall options in "Action Center" and checked the check box "Always trust this publisher.........". Restarted my PC and it works. Thanks for the help. :thumbsup:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "vijaycity" (Feb 4th 2012, 2:35pm)