You are not logged in.

Monday, July 28th 2014, 6:13am

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

• "veski" started this thread

Date of registration:
Apr 25th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
WIN7

Wednesday, April 25th 2012, 9:22am

Web protection is deactivated and cannot activate it

Hello!

Since dunno when the web protection's been deactivated - real-time protection works fine and haven't noticed any spy, adware, viruses etc either. Avira searchbar is installed and activated.

If I try to switch the web protection back on in the toolbar ("the red button"), I'm being directed to help. If I go to config, switch to "admin mode", go through that all ticks are tapped ok, nothing happens. I followed all help from your website, but even going thru DOS/services trying to automize the activation, I cannot access that either. Any suggestions?

Avira's version is 12.0.0.898, realtime protection 12.01.00.18 and web protection 12.01.06.17 (!) - hence 6m old?? I do get updates automatically installed though every day, or so the systems says.

Thanks a million in advance!

_v_

Farger

Date of registration:
Jul 10th 2009

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Ultimate Protection Suite
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows XP/ Windows 7

Wednesday, April 25th 2012, 3:52pm

Hi veski,

Did you try to go to Control panel -> Programs and features -> select Avira and press Change -> Modify and uncheck AntiVir Web Protection, then click Next until Finish. Restart the PC. After that make all the same steps but now be sure that the Web protection is selected, restart your PC once again.
Scotty is currently on patrol

• "veski" started this thread

Date of registration:
Apr 25th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
WIN7

Wednesday, April 25th 2012, 10:10pm

Hi Farger,

Thank you for the prompt reply! Yes and nay, thanks, I tried this, too, without any further success. The qurious thing is, when accessing the (above) path, I find two versions/apps of the Search Toolbar under Avira - both dated 17 Feb 2012, but vs's 1.14.1.0 & 1.2.0.20064. If I wanted to uninstall the prior, I can't pick it up from the "uninstall programmes" -list on ctrl panel, only the latter. Also, once I booted the laptop, the Avira pop-up is naggin again "the search toolbar is not deactivated - pls activate it to enable web protection. Doesnay make any sense to me - if it isna deactivated, how can u activate it..?

I also tried googling the prob, and the best hit was another thread on this forum. To be frank, I don't see me following the 3-odd-page instructions to code, uncode etc. a monstruous chain of commands. Then again, there were end notes "do not follow this path if another user" etc. =D

Cheers again!

_v_

Farger

Date of registration:
Jul 10th 2009

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Ultimate Protection Suite
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows XP/ Windows 7

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 8:14pm

Hi veski,

It is ok to see two more items under/below Avira. They denote to the Web Protection and Avira Toolbar. Did you try to reinstall Avira?
Scotty is currently on patrol