You are not logged in.

Tuesday, July 22nd 2014, 9:12pm

Dear visitor, welcome to Avira Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Coddleflop" started this thread

Date of registration:
Apr 30th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Windows 7

Monday, April 30th 2012, 7:02pm

Web Protection disabled - No toolbar!

Today when logging into the computer I found that Avira web protection no longer works as:

"The Avira SearchFree Toolbar has not been deactivated. Web Protection has thus been deactivated."

and then it also says that:

"To reactivate your Web Protection, please activate the toolbar."

Heres a picture of the message that came up: http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j434/Crakead/WHAT.png

My issue here is that I do not actually have the toolbar at all in my browser. I use google chrome and there is absolutely no toolbar what so ever, nor is it visible in internet explorer. I've tried doing what Avira has suggested when I clicked on the command center on how to fix the issue: http://www.avira.com/en/support-for-home…detail/kbid/871 of which neither would work as I don't have the toolbar installed it seems and when trying the command prompt method, the start up was automatically on and not disabled and when I was trying to see if I could change it anyway it came up with access denied. I've also tried uninstalling and re downloading it but yet it still doesn't work. ?(

Also interestingly I do actually have the toolbar installed on my computer but I have no way of running it or anything as I can only uninstall it.
Heres another screenshot: http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j434/Crakead/screen.png

Can anyone help me out here?
Thanks in advance!

Farger

Date of registration:
Jul 10th 2009

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Ultimate Protection Suite
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows XP/ Windows 7

Tuesday, May 1st 2012, 5:21pm

Hi,

Do you use Windows 7 x64?
Scotty is currently on patrol

• "Coddleflop" started this thread

Date of registration:
Apr 30th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Windows 7

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 4:22pm

Yes

Farger

Date of registration:
Jul 10th 2009

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Ultimate Protection Suite
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows XP/ Windows 7

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 9:10pm

Hi,

1. Change the default browser to IE or Mozilla Firefox and try to modify the Avira AntiVir installation via Control Panel, as described here.
2. Follow these instructions to change the startup type for Avira Web Protection service from Disabled to Automatic.
Scotty is currently on patrol