You are not logged in.

Tuesday, July 22nd 2014, 9:29pm

Dear visitor, welcome to Avira Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "jdog" started this thread

Date of registration:
Jan 6th 2009

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 11:38pm

How do I turn OFF the Avira pop up spam? These pop up ad windows are just like malware pop ups

I recently updated, after continued "reminders" about a new version of Avira free. Well, just like I thought (and remember from other versions) I have infrequent, but constant Avira advertisements trying to sell me the fancy version. I joined this forum, years ago, just to turn off this stuff.

Now I'm back.

How do I turn this OFF OFF OFF ?

I cannot STAND this stuff. I am fine with a once daily spam ad during the update, but this will not do.
I might buy the Premium version one day, but I wont do it from spam that is installed on my computer. I do not want to reinforce this behavior.

Date of registration:
Jan 6th 2009

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 2:51am

I'm not referring to the advertisements I receive during updates. I do not mind this. In fact, I may buy the version one day.

What I am referring to is the new, silent windows that slide up in the bottom right corner of the screen, advertising upgrades and features, etc.

This is not authorized. Please tell me how to make it stop. Is removing Avira the only way? If that is what I must do, then I will, but in earlier versions there was always some way to turn it off.

Date of registration:
Aug 4th 2007

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Antivirus Premium
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows 8.1 Professional X64

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 6:18pm

I recently updated, after continued "reminders" about a new version of Avira free. Well, just like I thought (and remember from other versions) I have infrequent, but constant Avira advertisements trying to sell me the fancy version. I joined this forum, years ago, just to turn off this stuff.

Now I'm back.

How do I turn this OFF OFF OFF ?

I cannot STAND this stuff. I am fine with a once daily spam ad during the update, but this will not do.
I might buy the Premium version one day, but I wont do it from spam that is installed on my computer. I do not want to reinforce this behavior.

wait a minute
what version are you using??
v10?v9?v8?or v7?
Follow Avira @ App.net
App.net/avira

Date of registration:
Jun 14th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Windows 7

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 6:17am

I'm not referring to the advertisements I receive during updates. I do not mind this. In fact, I may buy the version one day.

What I am referring to is the new, silent windows that slide up in the bottom right corner of the screen, advertising upgrades and features, etc.

This is not authorized. Please tell me how to make it stop. Is removing Avira the only way? If that is what I must do, then I will, but in earlier versions there was always some way to turn it off.

Hear hear! I registered just to complain about this. I'm using the latest version (12.0.0.1125 on Windows 7). Constantly getting reminders in the lower right hand corner about buying Avira for Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc. I find these very very annoying. Same as the OP, I started using Avira years ago because it had the least amount of "spam" (among other reasons - I still think it's the best anti-virus out there). But these pop-ups have made me consider using other free anti-virus software. The big box ad that pops up after updates doesn't bother me either since that's only once in a while. But those constant little ads (several times a day) are ridiculous.

Please change this or more people will start using different software.

Date of registration:
Aug 4th 2007

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Antivirus Premium
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:

Friday, June 15th 2012, 1:45pm

Hear hear! I registered just to complain about this. I'm using the latest version (12.0.0.1125 on Windows 7). Constantly getting reminders in the lower right hand corner about buying Avira for Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc. I find these very very annoying. Same as the OP, I started using Avira years ago because it had the least amount of "spam" (among other reasons - I still think it's the best anti-virus out there). But these pop-ups have made me consider using other free anti-virus software. The big box ad that pops up after updates doesn't bother me either since that's only once in a while. But those constant little ads (several times a day) are ridiculous.

For the bottom right subscribe message(IPM)
just click on the "X" (not "remind me later")to delete the message you will not recieve that message anymore
when you install avira that mean you are accepting the End-User Rural of Avira
also you can disable the Pop-Up AD Easily throungh google to search the methon
Follow Avira @ App.net
App.net/avira

Date of registration:
Jan 6th 2009

Monday, June 25th 2012, 6:46am

just click on the "X" (not "remind me later")to delete the message you will not recieve that message anymore

So now Avira is adding more spam, and making it difficult to remove. I do NOT like this at all. I have changed my mind on buying anything from these people. UNLESS THEY REMOVE ALL OF THEIR SPAM, I NEVER will do so, either. I NEVER buy anything from a spammer, out of principle.

So for the silent pop ups, I have to be exposed to them at least once, and then I can delete them. How nice of them to provide that hidden option, that requires only a few weeks of research to discover! (yes, I am being very sarcastic).

Date of registration:
Aug 4th 2007

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Antivirus Premium
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:

Monday, June 25th 2012, 8:41am

So now Avira is adding more spam, and making it difficult to remove. I do NOT like this at all. I have changed my mind on buying anything from these people. UNLESS THEY REMOVE ALL OF THEIR SPAM, I NEVER will do so, either. I NEVER buy anything from a spammer, out of principle.

So for the silent pop ups, I have to be exposed to them at least once, and then I can delete them. How nice of them to provide that hidden option, that requires only a few weeks of research to discover! (yes, I am being very sarcastic).

So if you not want us to help you
Why you open this thread?
What version you use you haven't tell me about it
just complain and complain
I gave you an solution but you don't follow
Fine!,We don't know how to help you :thumbdown:
You can other antivirus solution which will help you
Don't waste our time to reply your "BIN" thread X(
Follow Avira @ App.net
App.net/avira

Date of registration:
Jun 14th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Windows 7

Monday, June 25th 2012, 8:44am

Thank you, this worked. I thought I had clicked the "X" before but I guess I hadn't. Ever since I did I haven't had the pop ups!