You are not logged in.

Saturday, July 26th 2014, 5:09pm

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

• "countryluke" started this thread

Date of registration:
Jun 16th 2012

Version:
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows 7

Saturday, June 16th 2012, 6:57am

Cannot uninstall Avira Internet Securoty 2012

I need technical support. Please do not tell me to check the website. I have checked the website. It does not help me.

I've tried to uninstall Avira Internet Security 2012 many times, but it never works.

Every time I start up my PC a CCPLG:XML window appears that I have to close. I cannot uninstall it manually either. When I try, an Errorcode 7 appears saying the featured control file could not be determined or read correctly.

I've tried to delete all the files in Safe Mode, but when I return to normal mode I cannot connect to the internet(!).

I'm on a Windows 7 PC and I have Microsoft Security Essentials as my antivirus protection.

I tried the following fix:http://www.avira.com/en/support-for-home…detail/kbid/135

But it did not work properly. After I finished, I could not connect to the internet!

Please Help.

Sincerely,

Lucas Clarkson

Farger

Date of registration:
Jul 10th 2009

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Ultimate Protection Suite
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows XP/ Windows 7

Saturday, June 16th 2012, 3:24pm

Hi Lucas,

Except those error messages, do you see any leftovers from AIS 12 in your system, I mean in C:\Program Files\Avira, C:\ProgramData\Avira, in the Control Panel → Programs → Programs and Features?
Scotty is currently on patrol

Date of registration:
Aug 4th 2007

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Antivirus Premium
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows 8.1 Professional X64

Saturday, June 16th 2012, 4:12pm

I need technical support. Please do not tell me to check the website. I have checked the website. It does not help me.

I've tried to uninstall Avira Internet Security 2012 many times, but it never works.

Every time I start up my PC a CCPLG:XML window appears that I have to close. I cannot uninstall it manually either. When I try, an Errorcode 7 appears saying the featured control file could not be determined or read correctly.

I've tried to delete all the files in Safe Mode, but when I return to normal mode I cannot connect to the internet(!).

I'm on a Windows 7 PC and I have Microsoft Security Essentials as my antivirus protection.

I tried the following fix:http://www.avira.com/en/support-for-home…detail/kbid/135

But it did not work properly. After I finished, I could not connect to the internet!

Please Help.

Sincerely,

Lucas Clarkson

you need to reset your winsock manually
use this command
netsh winsock reset
also use the avira reg cleaN to clean out all the reg key
Follow Avira @ App.net
App.net/avira

redwolfe_98

Community member

Date of registration:
Nov 14th 2006

Version:
Avira Antivirus Suite

Operating System:
Win XPsp3

Saturday, June 16th 2012, 5:11pm

i agree with aaa839: if "uninstalling" avira leaves you without an internet connection, try repairing the "LSP stack".. to do that, run "command prompt" and use the command "netsh winsock reset" (minus quotations).. then, after having run the "netsh winsock reset" command, reboot the computer..

p.s. i don't think that you should have installed MS's "security essentials" until after the avira program had been uninstalled..
win xpsp3, "windows firewall", avira antivirus pro, SSM, RegDefend

redwolfe_98

Community member

Date of registration:
Nov 14th 2006

Version:
Avira Antivirus Suite

Operating System:
Win XPsp3

Saturday, June 16th 2012, 7:44pm

Every time I start up my PC a CCPLG:XML window appears that I have to close

yes, the problem, where you are not able to uninstall the avira program, is because there is a problem with the "ccplg.xml" file, which belongs to the avira program.. this is caused by using windows "system restore".. windows "system restore" does not "restore" "XML" files and that causes a problem with the avira program, after having used "system restore".. (avira should address this issue, but they may not be aware of the problem)..

so, you saw the instructions for manually uninstalling the avira program, which is what you have to do in cases like this, to uninstall the avira program.. if manually uninstalling the avira program results in a problem with connecting to the internet, use "command prompt", with the command "netsh winsock reset", to repair the "LSP stack"..
win xpsp3, "windows firewall", avira antivirus pro, SSM, RegDefend

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "redwolfe_98" (Jun 16th 2012, 7:54pm)

Date of registration:
Oct 25th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
xp

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 9:28pm

I tried the following fix:I need technical support. Please do not tell me to check the website. I have checked the website. It does not help me.

I tried the following fix:http://www.avira.com/en/support-for-home-knowledgebase-detail/kbid/135

Please Help.

Sincerely,

Lucas Clarkson
i've had same problem
i cannot uninstall avira anti vir. i've tried netsh winsock reset, ive tried avira registry cleanup, ive tried revo uninstaller - nothing! can someone help please?

Farger

Date of registration:
Jul 10th 2009

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Ultimate Protection Suite
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows XP/ Windows 7

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 12:02pm

Hi aerono,

Please create your own thread and tell us as more details as you can.
Scotty is currently on patrol