You are not logged in.

Wednesday, September 3rd 2014, 8:58am

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

• "Andrei30" started this thread

Date of registration:
Aug 9th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Windows 7

Friday, August 24th 2012, 8:25pm

Cannot uninstall avira completly anymore

Hello,

Due to some problems i unistall avira and delete the registry key via regedit hklm. After other problems i decided to restore. Now i have the avira again but i cannot delete it at programs, and it doesnt run anymore. It says on screen avira ccplg.xml file is missing. Please wait for the automatic avira update.

Can somebody please help me out?

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Andrei30" (Aug 24th 2012, 8:49pm)

redwolfe_98

Community member

Date of registration:
Nov 14th 2006

Version:
Avira Antivirus Premium

Operating System:
Win XPsp3

Saturday, August 25th 2012, 2:14am

here is a link for instructions for manually uninstalling "avira 10".. the same guidelines can be used for manually uninstalling "avira 12" (you could have found the article by going to avira/support/knowledgebase.. you usually can find uninstall-instructions for programs in a program's "FAQ" or "knowledgebase" ):

http://www.avira.com/en/support-for-home…detail/kbid/135

the first thing is to boot into "safe mode", which is important.. booting into "safe mode" results in none of the avira processes running and, so, the avira files can successfully be deleted..

the next step, after having booted the computer in "safe mode", is to delete all of the avira files-n-folders.. refer to steps 3 and 4 in the article, posted above..

some avira-files that are not mentioned in the article, posted above, which also could be removed as part of manually uninstalling the avira program, are:

Avira 10:
avgntdd.sys
avgntflt.sys
avgntmgr.sys
avipbb.sys
ssmdrv.sys

-------------
avira 12:
avgntflt.sys
avipbb.sys
avkmgr.sys
ssmdrv.sys

the files, listed above, can be found in windows "drivers" folder, at "c:\windows\system32\drivers"

i don't know what to tell you about manually uninstalling the avira "toolbar"..

part of the instructions, in the article, posted above, about manually uninstalling avira 10, say to use avira's "regcleaner" to remove avira regkeys.. however, the avira-regcleaner requires "microsoft visual c++ 2008sp1" to be installed in order for it to run, and you might not have "microsoft visual c++ 2008sp1" installed on your computer, so the regcleaner might not run on your computer.. (additionally, avira's regcleaner has not been updated to where it will remove new regkeys that are used by the new avira 12 program)..

one avira-regkey that needs to be removed, if it exists, as part of a manual-uninstall, is the avira-regkey at:

"HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Currentversion/Run" -> "avgnt"
win xpsp3, "windows firewall", avira 14 premium, SSM, RegDefend

redwolfe_98

Community member

Date of registration:
Nov 14th 2006

Version:
Avira Antivirus Premium

Operating System:
Win XPsp3

Saturday, August 25th 2012, 2:27am

here is a list of the avira-regkeys that avira's "regcleaner" flagged on my computer (i am running "windows xp" ):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Avira
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Favorites\Software\Avira
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Avira
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Shell Extension for Malware scanning
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AntiVir.Keyfile
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Shell Extension for Malware scanning
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Management\ARPCache\Avira AntiVir Desktop
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Avira AntiVir Desktop
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\X-AVCSD
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AntiVirMailService
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AntiVirSchedulerService
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AntiVirService
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AntiVirWebService
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\avgntflt
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\avipbb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Eventlog\Application\Avira Antivirus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Eventlog\System\avgntflt
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Eventlog\System\avipbb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ssmdrv
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\AntiVirMailService
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\AntiVirSchedulerService
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\AntiVirService
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\AntiVirWebService
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\avgntflt
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\avipbb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Eventlog\Application\Avira Antivirus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Eventlog\System\avgntflt
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Eventlog\System\avipbb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\ssmdrv
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AntiVirMailService
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AntiVirSchedulerService
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AntiVirService
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AntiVirWebService
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\avgntflt
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\avipbb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Application\Avira Antivirus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\System\avgntflt
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\System\avipbb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ssmdrv
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\avgnt

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\avkmgr
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Eventlog\System\avkmgr
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\avkmgr
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Eventlog\System\avkmgr
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\avkmgr
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\System\avkmgr

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "redwolfe_98" (Aug 25th 2012, 2:35am)

Date of registration:
Aug 9th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Windows 7

Sunday, August 26th 2012, 11:19am

Ok thnx.

Does anybody know by chance why i always get force shutdown screen when i shutdown or restart my pc?
The screen dont show which background process is open.
Very annoying, never had this problem. Even installed new windows. Cannot be a virus or hacker right?

Barrie

Community member

Date of registration:
Jan 31st 2006

Version:
none

Operating System:
Mac OS X 10.8.3

Sunday, August 26th 2012, 8:00pm

Hi,

Quoted

Quote by Andrei30
Cannot be a virus or hacker right?

No this is not a virus or hacker, might be indexing related, but just before you shut down open task manager and see what apps are running, and consuming your CPU.
I am not a windows user but if I remember :wacko: try this the next time this happens.

1. Click "Start," right-click "Computer," and select "Properties."
2. Click "Advanced System Settings."
3. Under "Startup and Recovery," click "Settings."
4. Under "System Failure," uncheck the box next to "Automatically Restart," and then click "OK." The next time the blue screen error occurs, the computer will stay on the blue screen, giving you time to record all error data. At least you will then possibly have some error numbers to work with.

Barrie
Cordialement - Grüße and Regards.

[Avira Tech Blog - Avira VL Virusscan.jotti -HijackThis - - Avira tools - Online shop - Avira safe mode scan
Sorry NO support via PM > Kein Support über PN > Aucun support par message privé.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Barrie" (Aug 26th 2012, 8:06pm)

redwolfe_98

Community member

Date of registration:
Nov 14th 2006

Version:
Avira Antivirus Premium

Operating System:
Win XPsp3

Sunday, August 26th 2012, 10:35pm

Does anybody know why i always get force shutdown screen when i shutdown or restart my pc? Cannot be a virus or hacker right?

it is not necessarily a "virus" or anything like that.. i think it is just some problem with your computer.. but, if you have had problems with "viruses" in the past, using "system restore" could have brought back some of those problems..

when you say "force shutdown screen", i assume you mean a prompt to "end process", or something like that, as part of shutting down the computer, and not a "BSOD", a "blue screen of death"..

it seems that using windows "system restore" is what has caused the problems that you are having.. does "system restore" allow you to "undo" the "system restore"? i don't use windows "system restore" but i think that it allows you to undo a "system restore".. if you are able to undo the "system restore", that might solve the problems that you are having..

when you say that you " installed new windows", i assume you mean that you did a "repair install" of "windows".. i just want to mention that, if you did a "repair reinstall" of "windows", as far as i know, that requires reinstalling all of the windows updates, again, after doing the "repair install"..

did you try to manually uninstall the avira program, deleting the avira files-n-folders and regkeys? if not, i think that would be a good place to start, to try to resolve the problems that you are having..

i mentioned that you might not be able to use avira's "regcleaner"-if you don't have "microsoft visual c++ 2008sp1" installed.. well, if you wanted to check to see if "microsoft visual c++ 2008sp1" is installed, you could look in windows "add/remove" and see if it is listed there, indicating that it is installed.. also, if it is not installed, you could install it, if you wanted to.. then you would be able to use avira's "regcleaner" tool.. i don't think it would hurt to install it if it isn't already installed.. you can get "microsoft visual c++ 2008sp1" from microsoft's "download center".

if you use avira's regcleaner, it has not been updated to where it will remove avira's "avkmgr" regkeys.. the regcleaner's settings-options allow for using custom search-settings where you can use the regcleaner to search for "avkmgr" regkeys and then remove them..

so, first remove the avira program.. then worry about "end process" messages..

kind of like barrie said, you could open windows "task manager" and see if there is some "process", there, that is using a lot of "CPU", indicating that there is a problem with it..

Barrie

Community member

Date of registration:
Jan 31st 2006

Version:
none

Operating System:
Mac OS X 10.8.3

Monday, August 27th 2012, 8:53am

Hi redwolfe_98,

Talking to friends last night it seems a forced shut down is quite a common occurrence for Win 7, even after a new install go figure. ?(

Barrie

[Avira Tech Blog - Avira VL Virusscan.jotti -HijackThis - - Avira tools - Online shop - Avira safe mode scan
Sorry NO support via PM > Kein Support über PN > Aucun support par message privé.

Date of registration:
Aug 9th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Windows 7

Monday, August 27th 2012, 9:58am

Redwolfe,

Ehm I did quite allot of system restores. And with that screen i mean end processes correct. I dont get a blue screen.

But i did then a clean repair with my sony vaio. I brougt everything back to factory settings and installed the available updates. So dont need to worry about Avira anymore.

So dont know quite where to look for this problem. It should go away since i reinstalled everything. Maybe because of the preinstalled mcafee virus scanner? But i doubt it. ?(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Andrei30" (Aug 27th 2012, 10:07am)

Barrie

Community member

Date of registration:
Jan 31st 2006

Version:
none

Operating System:
Mac OS X 10.8.3

Monday, August 27th 2012, 10:26am

Hi Andrei30,

Quoted

Quote from Andrei30
So dont know quite where to look for this problem.

Task manager!! what is it telling you?

Barrie

redwolfe_98

Community member

Date of registration:
Nov 14th 2006

Version:
Avira Antivirus Premium

Operating System:
Win XPsp3

Monday, August 27th 2012, 1:31pm

i did a clean repair with my sony vaio. I brougt everything back to factory settings and installed the available updates

OK.. that sounds good.. i don't think that the "end process" messages are anything to worry about though you would prefer to not see them.. i have had those "end process" messages, sometimes, when using some programs.. it is possible that it is related to the mcafee program..

you could try looking in windows "event viewer" and see if it is showing any reports of any problems.. on my computer, you can find windows "event viewer" in "administrative tools", in "control panel"..

i am sorry that you had problems with your computer but now that you have done a clean reinstall of windows et al, i would think that things should be relatively OK..

Date of registration:
Aug 9th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Windows 7

Tuesday, August 28th 2012, 6:35pm

Barrie task manager, i dont know where to look for. Sorry. I dont see anything strange i think.
Application tab is empty.
Processes tab the highest cpu are explorer.exe, dwm.exe, and IAStorIcon.exe.
And cpu is running 1,31gb.

Even deleted mcafee but annoying thing remains.

Date of registration:
Aug 9th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Windows 7

Wednesday, August 29th 2012, 7:49pm

I see in task manager--processes--svchost.exe has the highest and allot. 112.000 kb?????

King Grub

Community member

Date of registration:
Jul 10th 2007

Operating System:
Win 7 64-bit

Wednesday, August 29th 2012, 11:05pm

I see in task manager--processes--svchost.exe has the highest and allot. 112.000 kb?????

That's normal. It's the Superfetch service.