You are not logged in.

Wednesday, September 3rd 2014, 4:07am

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

siliconman01

Community member

• "siliconman01" started this thread

Date of registration:
Apr 5th 2008

Operating System:
Windows 7 x64 Professional and Windows 7 x86 Professional

Friday, September 28th 2012, 7:27am

Avira Internet Security Suite 2013 IE Toolbar: Firefox folder created

This is on Windows 7 SP1 x64 Professional with Avira Internet Security Suite 2013. My only browser installed on this system is Internet Explorer 9 with the 32-bit version of IE9 as the default.

After participating in the beta testing of the 2013 Avira software, I deleted Avira Internet Security Suite 2013 beta completely, cleaned the registry, and then installed the official release of Avira Internet Security Suite 2013. During the beta testing, I did not install the Avira IE Toolbar. On installing the final release version, I decided to install the Avira/Ask IE Toolbar.

During the installation, a FireFox folder was created out on my D:\ partition. This folder contains only one file- npAviraCallingID.dll. My system partition is C:\. I use the D:\ partition to store personal files, data, pictures, music, plus the downloaded installers of the various programs that I have installed on my system including the Avira Internet Security Suite 2013 installer avira_internet_security_en.exe . I do NOT have FireFox installed on this system. As stated above, I only have IE9 installed.

What is this new FireFox folder for and can I delete it?

siliconman01

Community member

Date of registration:
Apr 5th 2008

Operating System:

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 9:32am

Does anyone know what this Firefox folder is and whether it can be safely deleted on systems without any Firefox browser on it ?

Date of registration:
Oct 9th 2012

Version:
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
windows 7 64 bit

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 6:42pm

Hi,

Look into you config / software and remove it.
After that search it in your windows explorer if there are still traces.

siliconman01

Community member

Date of registration:
Apr 5th 2008

Operating System:

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 8:50pm

Hi,

Look into you config / software and remove it.
After that search it in your windows explorer if there are still traces.

Thanks for the guidance. I ended completely removing Ask.com and the toolbar because I was getting frequently failures on IE9 with Windows 7 SP1. No failures since removing the toolbar. No desire to re-instate it either.