You are not logged in.

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 8:15am

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

• "Sha'Tara" started this thread

Date of registration:
Nov 9th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Windows 7

Friday, November 9th 2012, 7:47am

Ccplg.xml File Is Missing

I have Windows 7. I tried to uninstall Avira free antivirus in order to test something. It uninstalled (disappeared from the Windows list of programs installed) but left a whole bunch of files in programs. Now I can't load any version of Avira because it asks me to uninstall the old version first, and my computer says that access to those files is denied. I am currently using a competitor's anti-virus program but each time I boot up a message comes up on screen: Avira's CCPLG.XML file is missing.
Any ideas on how I can resolve this problem? Thanks.

redwolfe_98

Community member

Date of registration:
Nov 14th 2006

Version:
Avira Antivirus Premium

Operating System:
Win XPsp3

Saturday, November 10th 2012, 4:29am

the problem with the missing "CCPLG.XML" is a result of using windows "system restore" which does not restore "XML" files..

to resolve the problem you need to manually uninstall the avira program.. here are instructions for manually uninstalling the avira program:

http://www.avira.com/en/support-for-home…detail/kbid/902

there are some issues with "manually uninstalling the avira program"..

for one thing, avira's "regcleaner", which is used to remove avira-regkeys, as part of uninstalling the avira program, requires "microsoft visual c++ 2008sp1", which you might not have installed, so you might have to install "microsoft visual c++ 2008sp1" before the avira "regcleaner" will run..

secondly, the regcleaner has not been updated to account for "avkmgr" regkeys which are using in the latest versions of the avira propram, so, you whould have to use the avira "regcleaner" utility to do a manual search for "avkmgr" regkeys, if you want those removed..

thirdly, the avira knowledgebase-article, about how to manually uninstall the avira program, fails to mention some avira files that would need to be deleted, as part of manually uninstalling the avira program.. here is a list of those:

(located at "c:\windows\system32\drivers" )

Avira 10:
avgntdd.sys
avgntflt.sys
avgntmgr.sys
avipbb.sys
ssmdrv.sys
--------------
avira 12:
avgntflt.sys
avipbb.sys
avkmgr.sys
ssmdrv.sys
win xpsp3, "windows firewall", avira 14 premium, SSM, RegDefend

• "Sha'Tara" started this thread

Date of registration:
Nov 9th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Windows 7

Monday, November 26th 2012, 4:35am

Ok, thanks. I have copied your instructions and will attempt to resolve the problem when time permits.