You are not logged in.

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 1:59pm

Dear visitor, welcome to Avira Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Raymetrious" started this thread

Date of registration:
Oct 12th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
window7

Sunday, November 11th 2012, 8:22am

mfc100u.dll is missing from my computer

Hi, avira could not start nor uninstall because of the mfc100u.dll is missing. What should i do ??? PS: earlier accidentally uninstall 2010 redistributable x 86 version 10.0.40219 - i think it might be related to the cause of the problem... Help me ;(

redwolfe_98

Community member

Date of registration:
Nov 14th 2006

Version:
Avira Antivirus Suite

Operating System:
Win XPsp3

Sunday, November 11th 2012, 1:56pm

edited
win xpsp3, "windows firewall", avira antivirus suite, SSM, RegDefend

Date of registration:
Oct 12th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
window7

Sunday, November 11th 2012, 3:00pm

edited

What do you mean?

FFreestyleRR

Community member

Date of registration:
Apr 16th 2008

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

redwolfe_98

Community member

Date of registration:
Nov 14th 2006

Version:
Avira Antivirus Suite

Operating System:
Win XPsp3

Sunday, November 11th 2012, 4:18pm

Raymetrious, you are right, the problem is from having uninstalled "microsoft visual c++ 2010sp1"..

i was going to suggest that you try reinstalling "microsoft visual c++ 2010sp1", which can be downloaded from microsoft's download center, but i wasn't sure which version you should install, the x86 version of the x64 version, so that was why i "edited" my post, because i wasn't sure which version of "microsoft visual c++ 2010sp1" to tell you to install, the x86 version or the x64 version..

one option would be to uninstall the avira program and then reinstall it.. when you reinstall the avira program, it should, at the same time, also install "microsoft visual c++ 2010sp1", if everything goes right..

or, if you know which version of "microsoft visual c++ 2010sp1" to install, the x86 version or the x64 version, you can download it from microsoft's download center and install it..

i am still using "windows xp".. i am not familiar with using "windows 7"..

Date of registration:
Oct 12th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
window7

Sunday, November 11th 2012, 4:41pm

Haizzzzz, i tried installing all sort of version and it doesn't work. The log show Digital signature could not verify even though i download it from microsoft website. Furthermore, as i mention earlier - avira could not start up or uninstall at all.... That's y i need help :pinch:

Date of registration:
Aug 4th 2007

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Antivirus Premium
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows 8.1 Professional X64

Sunday, November 11th 2012, 5:47pm

Haizzzzz, i tried installing all sort of version and it doesn't work. The log show Digital signature could not verify even though i download it from microsoft website. Furthermore, as i mention earlier - avira could not start up or uninstall at all.... That's y i need help :pinch:

you need to install the visual c++ 2010 sp1
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328
do not use proxy to download
you may use internet accelerator to help you
Follow Avira @ App.net
App.net/avira

Steve1209

Community member

Date of registration:
Mar 9th 2007

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Window's 7 Ultimate X64 SP1 + all updates

Sunday, November 11th 2012, 10:46pm

System Restore Win 7

Hi Raymetrious,

You could probably do a system restore to before you removed the C++2010 and you should be OK Read this to see how

Hope that helps,
Steve

Date of registration:
Feb 15th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Vista 64bit SP2

Monday, November 12th 2012, 12:41am

No....don't do a system restore for something as simple as a removed runtime pack, just reinstall whatever you removed.

redwolfe_98

Community member

Date of registration:
Nov 14th 2006

Version:
Avira Antivirus Suite

Operating System:
Win XPsp3

Monday, November 12th 2012, 1:04am

besides, using "system restore" wrecks the avira program, requiring a manual uninstall and then a reinstall..

Raymetrious, you said that you are not able to uninstall the avira program so that you then can try reinstalling it.. since you can't "uninstall" the avira program, here are instructions for manually uninstalling it:

http://www.avira.com/en/support-for-home…detail/kbid/902

in the instructions, it mentions using the "avira regcleaner" to remove avira regkeys, however the avira regcleaner requires that "microsoft visual c++ 2008sp1" is installed, so, to run the avira "regcleaner", you would need to install "microsoft visual c++ 2008sp1" if it is not already installed..

also, the avira regcleaner does not remove the avira program's "avkmgr" regkeys, so you could use the "regcleaner" to do a custom-search for "avkmgr" regkeys..

also, the article about how to manually uninstall the avira program fails to mention removing some of the avira files in the "drivers" folder.. here is a list of those, that i have (if any new files were introduced, with the avira 13 program, i am not familiar with those):

(located in "c:\windows\system32\drivers" )

Avira 10:
avgntdd.sys
avgntflt.sys
avgntmgr.sys
avipbb.sys
ssmdrv.sys
-------------
avira 12:
avgntflt.sys
avipbb.sys
avkmgr.sys
ssmdrv.sys

also, you may need to "repair" your computer's "LSP stack" as part of manually uninstalling the avira program.. to do that, use "command prompt" to run the command "netsh winsock reset" (minus quotations).. you have to reboot the computer after running the "netsh winsock reset" command..

as i said, i am not familiar with using "windows 7", but, if you are going to use "command prompt" to repair your computer's "LSP stack", with windows 7, you probably have to run "command prompt" with administrator-rights..

Date of registration:
Oct 12th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
window7

Tuesday, November 13th 2012, 6:39pm

besides, using "system restore" wrecks the avira program, requiring a manual uninstall and then a reinstall..

Raymetrious, you said that you are not able to uninstall the avira program so that you then can try reinstalling it.. since you can't "uninstall" the avira program, here are instructions for manually uninstalling it:

http://www.avira.com/en/support-for-home…detail/kbid/902

in the instructions, it mentions using the "avira regcleaner" to remove avira regkeys, however the avira regcleaner requires that "microsoft visual c++ 2008sp1" is installed, so, to run the avira "regcleaner", you would need to install "microsoft visual c++ 2008sp1" if it is not already installed..

also, the avira regcleaner does not remove the avira program's "avkmgr" regkeys, so you could use the "regcleaner" to do a custom-search for "avkmgr" regkeys..

also, the article about how to manually uninstall the avira program fails to mention removing some of the avira files in the "drivers" folder.. here is a list of those, that i have (if any new files were introduced, with the avira 13 program, i am not familiar with those):

(located in "c:\windows\system32\drivers" )

Avira 10:
avgntdd.sys
avgntflt.sys
avgntmgr.sys
avipbb.sys
ssmdrv.sys
-------------
avira 12:
avgntflt.sys
avipbb.sys
avkmgr.sys
ssmdrv.sys

also, you may need to "repair" your computer's "LSP stack" as part of manually uninstalling the avira program.. to do that, use "command prompt" to run the command "netsh winsock reset" (minus quotations).. you have to reboot the computer after running the "netsh winsock reset" command..

as i said, i am not familiar with using "windows 7", but, if you are going to use "command prompt" to repair your computer's "LSP stack", with windows 7, you probably have to run "command prompt" with administrator-rights..
Ok, 1st i didn't do system restore but i tried to install visual c++ 2010 sp1 as aaa839 mention = installing fail.

2nd i sort of delete all avira files in C > Program File x 86 and in Program Data and C > windows > system 32 > drivers (avgntflt.sys , avipbb.sys , avkmgr.sys ) N also input the cmd > netsh winsock reset just like redwolfe_98 mention. Then, restart.

Conclusion: Still can't install visual c++ 2010 and can't uninstall or install avira or even use the regcleaner :huh: it still show mfc100.dll is missing ?( ?( ?(

Steve1209

Community member

Date of registration:
Mar 9th 2007

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:

Tuesday, November 13th 2012, 10:54pm

Hi Raymetrious,

Since everyone is so opposed to a system restore, try running Avira Registry Cleaner
You might have to run it in Safe Mode to get everything, then see if you can re-install Avira after that as it should install what you are missing.

Hope that helps,
Steve

Date of registration:
Oct 12th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
window7

Wednesday, November 14th 2012, 6:43am

Hi Raymetrious,

Since everyone is so opposed to a system restore, try running Avira Registry Cleaner
You might have to run it in Safe Mode to get everything, then see if you can re-install Avira after that as it should install what you are missing.

Hope that helps,
Hi Steve1209, i tried what u mention but it won't works. It just pop out the same message which is mfc100.dll is missing ;(

Date of registration:
Aug 4th 2007

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Antivirus Premium
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:

Wednesday, November 14th 2012, 7:04am

Hi Raymetrious,

Hope that helps,
Hi Steve1209, i tried what u mention but it won't works. It just pop out the same message which is mfc100.dll is missing ;(

because your system is missing the important visual c++ files
you may reinstall the files link which locate in my above reply
Follow Avira @ App.net
App.net/avira

Date of registration:
Oct 12th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
window7

Wednesday, November 14th 2012, 8:58am

Hi Raymetrious,

Hope that helps,

I did and it didn't works. C++ couldn't be install 8|

Date of registration:
Aug 4th 2007

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Antivirus Premium
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:

Wednesday, November 14th 2012, 9:02am

Hi Raymetrious,

Hope that helps,

I did and it didn't works. C++ couldn't be install 8|

What is that error code?
Follow Avira @ App.net
App.net/avira

Steve1209

Community member

Date of registration:
Mar 9th 2007

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 12:33am

System Restore Win 7

Hi Raymetrious,

I would AGAIN suggest a system restore, it can't Screw Up Avira as some have suggested because Avira is Screwed UP already, a System restore will get back to what U deleted and then we can go from there, that is the whole purpose of a System Restore, I don't get why people are so scared of a system restore in Win 7, why does Microsoft offer system restore if it screws things up, it really doesn't I've used it to back off many updates...

Steve
Steve

Date of registration:
Aug 4th 2007

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Antivirus Premium
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 3:32am

Hi Raymetrious,

I would AGAIN suggest a system restore, it can't Screw Up Avira as some have suggested because Avira is Screwed UP already, a System restore will get back to what U deleted and then we can go from there, that is the whole purpose of a System Restore, I don't get why people are so scared of a system restore in Win 7, why does Microsoft offer system restore if it screws things up, it really doesn't I've used it to back off many updates...

Steve

I totally agree that
the system Restore since windows vista is getting improve now can restore more completely and powerful to fix more problem
Follow Avira @ App.net
App.net/avira

Date of registration:
Oct 12th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
window7

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 1:59pm

Returning IDOK. INSTALLMESSAGE_ERROR [Error 1330.A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file d:\969855bca2671f40e5dc751b94cb66\vc_red.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt.]
MSI (d:\969855bca2671f40e5dc751b94cb66\vc_red.msi) Installation failed. Msi Log: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable Setup_20121115_204941533-MSI_vc_red.msi.txt
PerformOperation returned 1603 (translates to HRESULT = 0x80070643)
OnFailureBehavior for this item is to Rollback.
Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x80070643), "Fatal error during installation. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:00:29).

I copy it from the log, that's the fatal error
As for system restore, i'm not sure how to use it =.="

Date of registration:
Aug 4th 2007

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Antivirus Premium
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 2:25pm

Returning IDOK. INSTALLMESSAGE_ERROR [Error 1330.A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file d:\969855bca2671f40e5dc751b94cb66\vc_red.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt.]
MSI (d:\969855bca2671f40e5dc751b94cb66\vc_red.msi) Installation failed. Msi Log: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable Setup_20121115_204941533-MSI_vc_red.msi.txt
PerformOperation returned 1603 (translates to HRESULT = 0x80070643)
OnFailureBehavior for this item is to Rollback.
Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x80070643), "Fatal error during installation. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:00:29).

I copy it from the log, that's the fatal error
As for system restore, i'm not sure how to use it =.="

just typing rstrui.exe in your start menu search bar
then follow the wizard to complete your restore

But I'm sure is your downloaded files has corrupted you should redownload it again
If you have redownloaded the files already it may your digital signature in your computer have some problems
make sure your catroot 2 files is not corrupted and your time is synchronized
for the catroot2 rebuild instruction you may follow the kb below
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798?wa=wsignin1.0
for how to synchronized your time see it below
http://mintywhite.com/windows-7/7mainten…et-time-how-to/
Follow Avira @ App.net
App.net/avira

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "aaa839" (Nov 15th 2012, 2:33pm)