You are not logged in.

Friday, August 1st 2014, 1:50pm

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

• "cadence" started this thread

Date of registration:
Dec 8th 2012

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
XP

Saturday, December 8th 2012, 7:34am

I Can't Turn On MY Web Protection!!

I can't turn on my web protection!

I tried multi times. I went to control panel - click on change and follow instruction from there!
No Web Protection still in RED, NO Green as instructed! Computer is NOT secure!

How I get my computer secure & Web Protection?

My Computer:

Window Xp

:?: ?(

RobinP

Community member

Date of registration:
Jan 10th 2009

Operating System:
Coal-fired Steam-Generating Antique....... but it still Works! ..........but I'm thinking of unpacking my old A1200 b4 it's to late!

Sunday, December 9th 2012, 10:09am

Web Protection Failure ~ another solution?
Hi There,
I also recently suffered from this annoying problem and searched and tried all the recommendations until I got to the re-installing Avira one.
At that point I recalled that in the past some software only liked working with Microsoft's browser..... I was using Firefox.... I wonder....
So I dug about and found the defunct basic version of Windows Explorer, and there was an non-active Avira Toolbar.
Once it was activated, hey-presto!
Web Protection now active through out and on my Browser of choice also.

I can only conclude that in one of the recent Avira updates somebody somewhere slipped up, maybe regressed slightly??

Hope this an easy solution for Anyone else having a problem

~RobinP
:thumbsup:
"If Music be the food of Love........ where's that damm mp3 player??"