You are not logged in.

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 6:02am

Dear visitor, welcome to Avira Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "limited_comp_IQ" started this thread

Date of registration:
Jan 3rd 2013

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Windows 7

Thursday, January 3rd 2013, 12:07am

Avira free antivirus 2013 scanner stuck on a file

Hello,

I recently updated to avira free antivirus 2013 and since then the scanner has been getting stuck on the following file during its hidden object search:

c:\winpoint_bak0\tables\wlip2\wlipputdatarequest.dtd

I have no idea about what to do to resolve this problem. Also, Avira stops responding and will not shut down when I try to stop the scan. It will not even shut down from the task manager after the computer recognizes that the program is not responding. Please Help!!

Thanks!

Barrie

Community member

Date of registration:
Jan 31st 2006

Version:
none

Operating System:
Mac OS X 10.8.3

Thursday, January 3rd 2013, 12:58am

Hi,

Is this file anything to do with Calyx Software, if it is then just exclude it from being scanned.

Barrie
Cordialement - Grüße and Regards.

[Avira Tech Blog - Avira VL Virusscan.jotti -HijackThis - - Avira tools - Online shop - Avira safe mode scan
Sorry NO support via PM > Kein Support über PN > Aucun support par message privé.

Date of registration:
Jan 3rd 2013

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Windows 7

Friday, January 4th 2013, 6:55pm

Hi Barrie,

I tried to exclude the file from being scanned via adding the file (and the folder) to the exceptions list in the "configuration>system scanner>scan>exceptions" section. I then ran the scanner using the "complete system scan" option and ran the program as an administrator. For some reason, however, the scanner still attempted to scan the winpoint_bak0 file and the program still got stuck.

Any other suggestions? I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to computers, so detailed instructions definitely help.

Mike

PS. The software appears to be associated with the Calyx program.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "limited_comp_IQ" (Jan 4th 2013, 7:00pm)

Date of registration:
Jan 4th 2013

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
windows 8

Friday, January 4th 2013, 8:01pm

Once I had a similar problem while scanning my computer. It used to get stuck at same file. I thought that file was a problem, but...
The problem was that a hard drive on my laptop was about to crash.
I hope that's not the reason for your issues.

Date of registration:
Jan 3rd 2013

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Windows 7

Friday, January 4th 2013, 8:11pm

Indeed zmechys, I sincerely hope that is not the case either.

Barrie

Community member

Date of registration:
Jan 31st 2006

Version:
none

Operating System:
Mac OS X 10.8.3

Friday, January 4th 2013, 11:11pm

Hi,

I am not 100% sure but suspect the complete system scan has over ridden your exemption. I would go to the Avira control centre and select local protection scan, and adapt one of the pre defined scan profiles to what you want.

Alternatively run a safe mode scan via these instructions.

Barrie
Cordialement - Grüße and Regards.

[Avira Tech Blog - Avira VL Virusscan.jotti -HijackThis - - Avira tools - Online shop - Avira safe mode scan
Sorry NO support via PM > Kein Support über PN > Aucun support par message privé.