You are not logged in.

Friday, July 25th 2014, 5:37am

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

• "Dalsie" started this thread

Date of registration:
Jan 5th 2013

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Win 7

Saturday, January 5th 2013, 2:15pm

Can not enable real-time protection or update

Hey lads.

Please dont jump on the bandwagon of "Google this its been solved". I spent several hours perusing threads trying to find a solution to this problem.

What happened was I noticed my Avira icon was missing from the tray. And I couldnt run it through the center. So I thought of doing a re-installation, but kept getting the error message that I need to uninstall the previous installation manually. I was unable to stop the services, getting the access denied error. I also have no option to remove from the control panel. So I booted in safe mode and ran the Avira registry cleaner, and was then able to install the newly downloaded Avira package. However, no I have the Avira icon back in my tray, but real time protection is disabled and I am unable to activate it, and I cant use the "Fix Problem" button due to a Access Denied Error.

I have run a full MBAM scan, and it has come up clean.

Help would be appreciated

[SOLVED] Thanks, managed to solve this. Looked for a way to delete this thread but couldnt find.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dalsie" (Jan 5th 2013, 2:29pm)

Date of registration:
Aug 4th 2007

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Antivirus Premium
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows 8.1 Professional X64

Saturday, January 5th 2013, 3:47pm

I think is your computer infected with something
could you please post an hijack this log?
Follow Avira @ App.net
App.net/avira