You are not logged in.

Monday, September 1st 2014, 3:35pm

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

• "ryezs" started this thread

Date of registration:
Feb 4th 2013

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus

Operating System:
Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 2003 server

Monday, February 4th 2013, 10:18am

Manual Update Avira Free 2013

Hi
I have a computer thats never connected to the internet and need to do a manual update of a virus program and i tought that avira seems like a nice software. But i have problems to update ip manually. I have downloaded fuse bundle generator and created the vdf_fusebundle.zip. When i try to use it in the manual update i just get a error and it wont work. Below is my error log.

I have tried to rename the fusebundle-win32-int.info.gz to fusebundle13-win32-int.info.gz in the vdf_fusebundle.zip file.

i have also tried to download the ivdf files and tried with those. http://dl1.avgate.net/down/vdf/ivdf_fusebundle_nt_en.zip
when i used the ivdf bundle i had to add some files from the generated vdf_fusebundle.zip to get it to be used. But i still get the same error log. i'm starting to think there is something wrong with either the Avira 2013 update function or some kind of permission on my computer.

Any Ideas?

Source code

Avira Free Antivirus Updater Complete product update
Creation time: Monday, February 04, 2013 9:56:55 AM
Operating system:Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 1)  [6.1.7601] 64 bit
Product information:Product version: 13.0.0.2890Updater: C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\update.exe 13.6.14.402Update resource: C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\updaterc.dll 13.4.0.362Library: C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\update.dll 1.0.0.9Plugin: C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\updext.dll 13.6.0.402GUI: C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\updgui.dll 13.6.3.402
Temp Directory: C:\ProgramData\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\TEMP\UPDATE\Backup folder: C:\ProgramData\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\BACKUP\Installation Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\Updater folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\AppData folder: C:\ProgramData\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\
Connection settings:- Connection type:	Web server- Transfer type:	Existing connectionProxy settings:	System settings used
9:56:55 [UPD] [ERROR]       Extracting of the FUSE bundle 'C:\Users\username\Downloads\ivdf_fusebundle_nt_en.zip' to 'C:\ProgramData\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\TEMP\UPDATE\FUSE\' failed.

Summary:********	0 Files downloaded	0 Files installed
	Monday, February 04, 2013 9:56:55 AM
The update failed!

Date of registration:
Aug 4th 2007

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Antivirus Premium
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows 8.1 Professional X64

Tuesday, February 5th 2013, 6:53am