You are not logged in.

Thursday, July 31st 2014, 5:32pm

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

• "maryhillcanal" started this thread

Date of registration:
Sep 18th 2011

Operating System:
windows XP home

Friday, April 12th 2013, 5:00pm

Access Denied to vdf_fusebundle.zip file

Hello

I'm using the fusebundle generator to download updates to Antivir Free. I have Windows XP SP3 but no broadband, just slow telephone line.

Automatic updates has worked fine for a long time, but last week it wanted to download 60mb which would take over three hours, so I am trying to use Fusebundle Generator.

Before trying to use fusebundle generator I updated Antivir with a new installation copy last week, so all modules are now dated 31 March 2013.

I have created a vdf_fusebundle.zip on another PC, also Windows XP, with a broadband connection. Log file says file created without error.

Copied it to memory stick and transferred file to my off-broadband PC.

But Antivir 'manual update' won't read the file. An error window appears (titled Antivir Free Antivirus) with message 'Error starting the product update: Access Denied'.

I have checked properties of the file - unticked 'Archive', so i cant see there are any restrictions on reading it. It still won't be read.

I have Zonealarm Free installed, is Antivir objecting to that? Can't see why when automatic updates works.

How do I overcome 'Access Denied' when trying to read vdf_fusebundle.zip in 'manual update'?

Thank you for any assistance.

Pat

Date of registration:
Jun 14th 2012

Version:
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
verschiedene

Friday, April 19th 2013, 10:40am

hi maryhillcanal,

Please try to uninstall Zone Alarm Free and the try if the manual Update will work. This can help to find out what could be cause of this malfunctions. Afterwards you can reinstall Zone Alarm Free.

Regards,
Francesco
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG

Es werden keine unangeforderten Supportanfragen per PN beantwortet.
Bitte nutzen Sie den ihrem Produkt entsprechenden Bereich im Forum.

There is no support for unsolicited PM requests available. Please use the board section which accords to your product.