You are not logged in.

Tuesday, July 22nd 2014, 1:20pm

Dear visitor, welcome to Avira Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "dwilliams" started this thread

Date of registration:
May 26th 2009

Wednesday, November 6th 2013, 11:55am

Free Avira Auto update

Hi,
First - thanks for a free antivirus product, that's a good product.

My only gripe with Free 2013 is the automatic update. No matter what I do in configuration it updates at leas 3 times a day all by itself. When it does this it STOPS everything else running on my computer as it takes up all the cpu.

I can't have this its way too disruptive.

Can I do a manual update? Can I turn auto updates off? I Googled the problem and someone suggested I edit some file in the hidden Avira folder but I shouldn't need to do that.

Also there seems to be no way I can turn off Avira briefly to test something. I have to stop all the services then reboot and same again when I want to turn back on.

Cheers

DAve

Date of registration:
Aug 4th 2007

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Antivirus Premium
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows 8.1 Professional X64

Wednesday, November 6th 2013, 5:38pm

Answer Some question first
1.Manual Update
You can do the manual update with Avira
Please download the fusebundle generator and following the below intrusions on How to do the manual update
http://www.avira.com/en/support-vdf-update-info
2.Automatic Update You can't turn off the automatic update
This option had been taken off since v13
3.Temporary Disable Avira Protection
Yes you can do that
Open the Avira control center you can disable or enable any modules which you have been installed already
Follow Avira @ App.net
App.net/avira