You are not logged in.

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 4:42pm

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

• "mjharvan" started this thread

Date of registration:
Oct 30th 2008

Thursday, October 30th 2008, 4:50am

luke filewalker

Each time I ran a scan with luke filewalker today, the scan stops after scanning anywhere from 21% 28% of the files, but the time elapsed still continues to increase. I think that each of the three times the scan stopped , the last file scanned has been C:\System Volume Information\tracking.log. Up until two days ago, when the last scan was done, luke filewalker scanned 100 % of the files and the time elapsed counter stopped when the files were scanned. On the status page, under the action column, previous days indicated "No virus or unwanted program found!" and "Update was successful." Yesterday and today there is the message "No virus or unwanted program found!" but there is no "Update was successful" message. I'm assuming that luke filewalker is not scanning all the files on my hard drive. Can you tell me what to do to get the whole drive scanned? I have not had this problem before and have run an automatic scan daily for about a year. Thanks.

Barrie

Community member

Date of registration:
Jan 31st 2006

Version:
none

Operating System:
Mac OS X 10.8.3

Thursday, October 30th 2008, 9:27am

Hi mjharvan,

Some users have reported trouble with scanning the tracking log, but I have not seen this for a while, please try this add C:\System Volume Information\tracking.log to Antivir`s scan exceptions.

Open the control centre click Configuration > check the Expert mode box > Scanner > Scan > Exceptions.
Please post back results.
The encrypting File System as well as your indexing service stores information here. And the system volume information folder is where your System Restore holds
It’s restore points possibly there is an issue with a restore point but am not sure.

Regards
Barrie
Cordialement - Grüße and Regards.

[Avira Tech Blog - Avira VL Virusscan.jotti -HijackThis - - Avira tools - Online shop - Avira safe mode scan
Sorry NO support via PM > Kein Support über PN > Aucun support par message privé.

• "mjharvan" started this thread

Date of registration:
Oct 30th 2008

Thursday, October 30th 2008, 4:47pm

luke filewalker

Hi, Barrie.
What you suggested worked fine. Maybe Vista's automatic updates somehow interfered with the log.
I'm not very tech savvy. Often people meaning to be helpful give information couched in technical
language that I don't understand or can't figure out, but I do know how to click on a link.
Your directions were very clear, and I appreciate that.
Thanks.
Mike
mjharvan

Barrie

Community member

Date of registration:
Jan 31st 2006

Version:
none

Operating System:
Mac OS X 10.8.3

Thursday, October 30th 2008, 5:14pm

Hi Mike,

You are welcome and thank you for this feed back I am pleased this has worked for you.

Safe surfing.

Regards
Barrie
Cordialement - Grüße and Regards.

[Avira Tech Blog - Avira VL Virusscan.jotti -HijackThis - - Avira tools - Online shop - Avira safe mode scan
Sorry NO support via PM > Kein Support über PN > Aucun support par message privé.