You are not logged in.

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 3:07pm

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

COD11

Community member

• "COD11" started this thread

Date of registration:
Feb 16th 2009

Tuesday, April 14th 2009, 11:45pm

Download of enhanced AARS-Testversion for CD, USB Stick or (external) HDD

Hello Rescue System Friends,

as I announced in this thread, I just finished a testversion of AntiVir Rescue System, which includes the mentioned features of my post. I put it in a zip-package, which you can download by the link below. The main content is "testaars.iso", which you can of course burn to a CDROM, but this is no more the only way to get it properly work. In the bundle is also a Linux Boot manager (Grub4DOS), which might be used to start the ISO-Image directly by example from a USB-Stick or an external HDD. An English and German documentation is of course included. You can now choose the keyboard language (English or German) , reboot the system with [Ctrl] [Alt] [Del] (in console mode) and CD tray opens (and closes) only, if there is really a CD inside. Type "help" or "hilfe" at the console mode and editor "nano" (new!) opens my documentation, when running AARS. The problem with the immediate Scan stop is solved : it's was a Linux case-sensitivity problem. The files are there, but with upper-case characters ; AARS wants it lower-case and ignores them therefore. I did not touch the virus scanner or the VDFs. Some problems with graphic cards might also be solved, because you can set another VGA-(console)-Mode by easily editing the menu script ("menu.lst"). The GUI is set to 800 x 600, which I did not change.

The best feature is the updating of VDFs : you simply have to download the latest ISO-Image and store it on the root folder of one media, which gets mounted and scanned, when AARS is running. It's automatically detected, the VDFs copied and used , even if you run AARS from a CD.

I tested my "work" with my laptops and Office PC without any problems, but I have to point out, that you use it at your own risk. In no way shall I be liable for any material or immaterial dammage to your hard- or software. By downloading and using it , you irrevocably accept this fact.

And here is the Download Link. I hope, the download will not take too much time; file sharing sites are not always very fast.

I appreciate your comments and critics. Pose your questions !

Regards
cmdr

PS: AARS is a GNU licensed project. Anyone can modify and customize it. :thumbup:

Date of registration:
May 22nd 2006

Operating System:
XP

Wednesday, April 15th 2009, 8:39am

Hi,
Thank you very much for your effort. However, the download link is invalid.
Nicolae Moldoveanu
Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG

COD11

Community member

• "COD11" started this thread

Date of registration:
Feb 16th 2009

Wednesday, April 15th 2009, 2:46pm

Problems with the Download Link ?

Hi Nicolae,

I just tested the Link ... and had no difficulties starting the download !

But I also found a second possibility ( at the same site) : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tmynlnylymm.

Hope, this works for you.

Regards
COD11

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "COD11" (Apr 15th 2009, 2:52pm)

• "Alexandru Frigioiu" has been banned

Date of registration:
Dec 8th 2008

Operating System:
XP and VISTA

Wednesday, April 15th 2009, 3:16pm

Hi COD11,
The first link doesn't work for me either.

The second link is good :thumbup:

Icecube2

Community member

Date of registration:
Dec 24th 2008

Operating System:
Ubuntu

Monday, April 20th 2009, 12:59pm

@ moderators: Does those changes get incorporated in the official AARS version?

I didn't test the versions of the last 2 months yet, but older versions didn't work from an USB stick (unpacked iso).