You are not logged in.

Wednesday, September 3rd 2014, 1:41am

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

• "arquezvall2004" started this thread

Date of registration:
Apr 7th 2009

Operating System:
XP SP2

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 1:47am

Avira free vs Deep Freeze and Windows XP SP2

I have the following problem with Avira Free, it happens that we have 8 in my work PC and a laptop, which is installing the new version of Avira Free, but since we installed this new version, the PC has started to become frozen and do not respond to avoid having to reboot the PC we have to kill the process: Explorer.exe and then ejeuctar.

It could be a Bug of avira free, or to update the operating system that will not .... or incompatibility with the deep freeze?

Regarding the laptop was formatted and the operating system without upgrading the installed Avira Free and problems began to emerge in the notebook. Only the laptop does not have Deep Freeze installed.

Greetings. ?(

Date of registration:
Apr 7th 2009

Operating System:
XP SP2

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 4:39am

Usually the Win XP Sp I freeze when I make a click on any folder, or if you want to go to a USB stick on occasions I was stuck when I double-click on any link.

But before installing avira did not pass any of this.

Someone knows the reason for this anomaly.

Greetings.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "arquezvall2004" (Jun 10th 2009, 4:43am)

Date of registration:
Jan 5th 2009

Operating System:
XP

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 9:13am

Hi,

Try to install SP3, and install Avira when Deep Freeze is not active.
Thanks for choosing Avira
Alexandru Manea
Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG

Date of registration:
Apr 7th 2009

Operating System:
XP SP2

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 6:29pm

All PCs have SP2. and not attempt to install SP3 only AVIRA a failure, because in the version 8.2XXXX no problems.

In another work center in which they have only 3 PCs and have installed Windows SP2 Avira 8 nothing happens, error is only for version 9 in SP2, as this also have the other school and Deep Freeze will not be left stuck PC ....!!! Only thing wrong with the version 8 is the day that expires 01/07/09.

Greetings and thanks for responding.

Date of registration:
Apr 7th 2009

Operating System:
XP SP2

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 6:34pm

Because today is not between encunato forum sent me directly to read the rules of the forum ....????

At no time trying to degrade the reputation of this prestigious forum or antivirus, contrary desire to help send samples of BAT that poseeo threats, but as I said in one occasion I can not send back the whole basis of virus that I have, because they specify experts avira their taxes to send a large amount of threats and was put in my email SPAM.

In this case I am asking for help to solve my problem.

Greetings

Thank you :thumbsup:

Date of registration:
Apr 7th 2009

Operating System:
XP SP2

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 12:09am

Look at the screenshot, this is what the AVIRA, when entering a folder that doubles in the task manager:

Greetings.

Date of registration:
Apr 7th 2009

Operating System:
XP SP2

Saturday, June 13th 2009, 11:26pm

Install another antivirus in a PC with the problems described above, and fix the problem ...!!!

As observation: In all the Cyber Cafe that I have visited and have installed Avira have the same problems.

Thanks Anyway. :thumbsup:

Greetings.