You are not logged in.

Monday, April 21st 2014, 9:16am

Dear visitor, welcome to Avira Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Spats" started this thread

Date of registration:
Jun 26th 2009

Friday, June 26th 2009, 8:33am

Need Advice For License Renewal

Hello. I'm new here, but I guess you can figure that out. :) My license for Avira Internet Security Suit 9 will expire in 23 days, July 18, 2009. I've read a couple of posts about people having trouble with the new activation code. I have a HBEDV.KEY. Will I lose that, and receive an activation code when I renew? I got Avira ISS on a 90 day promotional deal. I would like to keep the HBEDV.Key if it is possible. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Friday, June 26th 2009, 8:37am

Hi,

i think you can log in on https://license.avira.com/de/login.html and renew your licence there!
If you get an activation code, you dont need to worry, the licence-manager from your Antivir installation will help u to activate it.

Date of registration:
Jun 26th 2009

Friday, June 26th 2009, 9:22am

Hi,

i think you can log in on https://license.avira.com/de/login.html and renew your licence there!
If you get an activation code, you dont need to worry, the licence-manager from your Antivir installation will help u to activate it.

My license is not listed there. It was a 90 day promotional deal I got, so I don't think it would be listed under my account. The only thing listed is my old Avira Personal Premium 8, and it shows that the license is expired.

• "Alexandru Frigioiu" has been banned

Date of registration:
Dec 8th 2008

Operating System:
XP and VISTA

Friday, June 26th 2009, 9:25am

Hi,
As my_iran already said, you can go to Help, License Management.

Date of registration:
Jun 26th 2009

Saturday, June 27th 2009, 12:59am

Well I went ahead and renewed my license by clicking the renew button on the Avira ISS main GUI. I received my activation key from cleverbridge. I tried every way imaginable to activate the new license. I followed instructions in license management. I disabled the firewall. I added everything Avira into the firewall rules. No luck. After an hour of trying, I gave up. I don't need the frustration. :cursing: It shouldn't be this difficult to renew a security software license. ?( I gave cleverbridge a call and canceled my order. Good bye Avira. :thumbdown:

redwolfe_98

Community member

Date of registration:
Nov 14th 2006

Version:
Avira Antivirus Suite

Operating System:
Win XPsp3

Saturday, June 27th 2009, 8:39am

maybe, one day, avira will consider fixing the problems with the buggy, problematic "activation" system..
win xpsp3, "windows firewall", avira antivirus suite, SSM, RegDefend

redwolfe_98

Community member

Date of registration:
Nov 14th 2006

Version:
Avira Antivirus Suite

Operating System:
Win XPsp3

Saturday, June 27th 2009, 5:17pm

spats, there was another case, where a person was not able to activate the antivir program, but they sent avira an email and the problem was quickly resolved.. here is a link to the thread:

http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?pag…&threadID=93723

seeing how quickly the problem was resolved, i am thinking that, even if avira's "acitvation" system is all screwed up, it is not that hard to resolve the problem, by sending them an email..

so, if you want to go that route, you can send avira an email, explaining that their 'acitvation" system is useless and so you need for them to send you a "hbedv.key" license-key-file, so that you can activate the program..

send the email to the email address avpe@avira.com

in the email, they need:

your first name and your "surname" (last name)

your email address

your "OTC" ("one-time code" )/"activation code"

an explanation of the problem, which is that their activation system is useless and so you need for them to send you a "hbedv.key" license-key-file, so that you can activate the program..
win xpsp3, "windows firewall", avira antivirus suite, SSM, RegDefend

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "redwolfe_98" (Jun 27th 2009, 5:20pm)

Date of registration:
Jun 26th 2009

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 4:17am

Thanks for the help redwolfe_98, but I already contacted cleverbridge for my refund. As good as Avira is, I can't see going through hoops just to renew my license. I don't understand why Avira went the way of the activation key through cleverbridge, and not just stay with what the had. There are other fine AV's/Suites out there, I'll just have to contend to using one of them.