You are not logged in.

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 2:44pm

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

• "PiperUK" started this thread

Date of registration:
Jul 28th 2009

Tuesday, July 28th 2009, 10:00pm

Akamai files being detected as trojans

Recently my avira has started to reports that a certain file in the akamai folder is TR/Spy gen however my norton 360 reports no detections from said file. Is this mearly avira mistaken akamais activity as malicious attempts to take data or is this a problem as the detection cannot be deleted or removed
Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me

Date of registration:
Jan 5th 2009

Operating System:
XP

Wednesday, July 29th 2009, 8:19am

Hi,

Go to our virus lab and submit this sample
Select File type: False positive (not malware). If the result is false positive the detection of this file will be remove in a future vdf.
You can add this file to exceptions and you will not be prompt again by the "virus/false positive" in this file, better to do this after you get a response from our Virus Lab.

To add an exception you have to do:
Right clik on the tray icon > configure antivir > tick expert > guard > scan > exception
same for scanner.
Thanks for choosing Avira
Alexandru Manea
Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG

Date of registration:
Jul 28th 2009

Wednesday, July 29th 2009, 10:53am

Thank you for the quick response however when i tried to upload the file to the virus lab avira once again detected it as a trojan, so to be safe i denied the file any access. The only way i could upload it would be to ignore the alert however im unwilling to incase it is really a trojan.

Thank You

P.S i have done some research and it seems akamai is a real company that helps host many popular websites such as youtube and ebay, and that they reguarly attempt to send archives of peoples surfing habits to companys

Date of registration:
Jul 28th 2009

Wednesday, July 29th 2009, 11:28am

Sorry for double post but i have also used three other applications (norton 360 spy sweeper and spyware terminator) to search in the file for any malware to which none of the applications have found anything. So whether this is evidence of Avira just doing its job correctly or a dangerous trojan i am unsure. Furthermore i have attempted to delete the file and folder but am unable to as it states i do not have the authority to do so despite being the administrtor of the computer. Any help is once again appreciated

Date of registration:
Jan 5th 2009

Operating System:
XP

Wednesday, July 29th 2009, 12:36pm

Hi,

Try to restart the computer in safe mode and try there to make a full system scan.
Alexandru Manea

Date of registration:
Jul 28th 2009

Wednesday, July 29th 2009, 12:56pm

The problem seems to be solved restarted in safe mod did full scan and was able to delete the file from my computer thank you for your help it is much appreciated

Date of registration:
Jan 5th 2009

Operating System:
XP

Wednesday, July 29th 2009, 1:02pm

You are welcome. Thank you for your feedback.
Alexandru Manea