You are not logged in.

Saturday, April 19th 2014, 3:47am

Dear visitor, welcome to Avira Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Dolfin" started this thread

Date of registration:
Nov 8th 2008

Saturday, November 8th 2008, 12:19pm

CCPLG.XML error report

Hi, ;)

For some weeks now I have problems with my Antivir Personal Edition.
It all started with the Guard reporting that it had stopped. When I opened Antivir and I clicked on Deactivate and than on Activate the Guard did activate again and the umbrella opened again.
After that problem Antivir couldn't update anymore.

I decided to remove the program and download it all over again. I wanted to uninstall the program with RevoUninstaller but here I get an error message that the program is unable to do so.
Now I also have an errormessage appearing when I boot up the computer:

CCPLG.XML: Unable to find file (C:\Program Files\Avira\Antivir Personal Edition Classic\ccplg.xml)

As a result of all this it's also impossible to install or uninstall other programs against spyware.

Who can help me with this very irritating problem. My computer is now without any protection against viruses or spyware!

• "Dolfin" started this thread

Date of registration:
Nov 8th 2008

Sunday, November 9th 2008, 2:10pm

Because you were all so helpfull with my problem I found the solution on my own.
Avira had to be reïnstalled without uninstalling it first! Because this is not recommended on the site of Avira I did not try that but apparently this is the only solution.
I could click on the repair button and from than on all my other programs work properly!

• "Radu Gheorghe" has been banned

Date of registration:
May 22nd 2006

Operating System:
Windows

Monday, November 10th 2008, 2:50pm

Hello Dolfin,

Thank you for the feedback and sorry for the lack of a quick reply. It was Saturday when you posted so that's why you don't get many replies until the beginning of next week.
Radu Gheorghe
Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG